Vitamins/supplements?

Options
I'm not currently taking any vitamins or supplements. I feel like I should be, but I hate doing so as they're always gigantic. Anyway, since I'm always being told I should take a multi-vitamin, are there any specific ones you all recommend? Anything else I should think about taking? I have fish oil pills at home...they're supposed to be good for me too... *sigh*

Thanks!

Replies

• PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Bump...Bueller...Bueller...?

Or does nobody use any vitamins/supplements? That would be just fine with me! LOL
  • Spooky_Rach
    Spooky_Rach Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I use them :). I take both a multi-vitamin and fish oil tablet in the morning and then a vitamin D3 capsule and a magnesium tablet in the evening. The D3 is because I worry about getting enough of it (it's not always sunny in the UK :p), magnesium because I've read that it helps some people sleep better and the multi-vitamin and fish oil is something I've always had.
  • asoeung
    asoeung Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I take fish oil (of course!) - 2-3 grams a day. I also take a vitamin D3 tablet on days where I'm locked up at the office all day or it's raining (I don't feel I need to take the vitamin D on the weekends when I'm able to make it outside for at least 30 mins/day.)

I also take a couple different "Stress relief" formulas, because stress and cortisol seem to be a problem for me. In the mornings, I take one with B vitamins, and in the evenings, I'll take a supplement with GABA and valerian in it.

It's daunting when you start reading about all the things you "should be taking", but I think with supplements, you just need to find the ones that you feel would have the most impact on you personally. For me, I don't have any trouble sleeping, so I don't need to take the Magnesium like the other poster. However, I do feel anxious and stressed very easily, so I've found that the stress-relief ones are helping.
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    Options
    Thank you both. :-)
  • zellagrrl
    Options
    Fish oil
    Vitamin D (I live in the PNW... required)
    Multivitamin (gummies because anything else makes me sick)
    Vitamin K (esthetician recommended to reduce skin redness)
    Gabatone (naturopath recommended anti-anxiety)
    Kava (naturopath recommended anti-anxiety)
    Ovablend (naturopath recommended for PCOS)
    Selenium Picolinate (naturopath recommended for T3 conversion - thyroid)
    Adrenal (naturopath recommended for energy)
    Vitamin B-12 (energy)

Those are pretty much my dailies. Realistically, fish oil, D (depending on where you live) and a multi are probably fine, and that's what I *was* taking until my naturopath recommended the rest (she okayed the Vitamin K too).
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I read this article earlier today. I don't take any, but I think I should.

https://www.marksdailyapple.com/definitive-guide-to-primal-supplementation/
  • zellagrrl
    Options
    Thanks KB... that reminds me I do also take a probiotic. I take way too much stuff :P
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I take Vitamin A and Zinc together to help my skin. I also take 5000 iu daily of Vitamin D because on my labs recently, I was found to be deficient.
  • vanessairene
    vanessairene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I take a Vitamin D + Biotin + teaspoon of flax oil (for the Omegas) in the morning and a multi in the evening. Will be adding CLA probably soon. The biotin is vanity only.. seeing if I can see if difference in my hair, skin, and nails...
  • christimw
    christimw Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i've started taking a multivitamin recently, and i take milk thistle daily. not really vitamins or supplements, but i take 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar, and 1 tsp of coconut oil a day.
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    Options
    Holy crap, Zella! LOL

Thanks for all the feedback!
  • sataylor24
    sataylor24 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    In the morning I take a daily multi , D3 (work in an office all day), B6 & B12 and then a probiotic with supper.
  • domez
    domez Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, I don't like to take supplements so what I do is check what foods are highest in whatever nutruient I feel I am lacking in. I have also learnt that organ meat is high nutrient and it is how the Inuit got their vitamins and minerals without eating plant matter. 'Deep Nutrition' by Catherine Shanahan MD explains it all. However I do take fish oil because I need to increase my omega 3s.