POF rant ... yes another one

Options
hcoburn37
hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
so in the last two weeks, I have been messaged 4 times from guys saying they are "doms" and want me as a submissive .... Is this like a new pick up line since 50 shades of Grey came out? .... and yes I said no to all of them. :tongue:

Replies

• jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    How very dominant of them to approach a stranger via the anonymity and relative safety of the Internet. I can imagine what sort of wussy-nerd-spanking they might have delivered.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm sure it's at least a more interesting first email than, "Hi"?! Wow, haven't gotten that one... there is always SOME new angle for creepy people to try!

Are you wearing the scarf in your profile pics?! Maybe that's getting them turned on, hahaha!!:laugh:
  • Double_Tapp
    Options
    POF - Plenty of Freaks?
  • NCTravellingGirl
    Options
    POF - Plenty of Freaks?

Most DEFINITELY :) My first night on POF included an offer for a late night rendezvous, a suggestion that my beautiful lips must mean I'm an amazing kisser, and a proposition from someone almost half my age. Eh, it's free entertainment outside of the time commitment, and HOPEFULLY, all it takes is one decent guy, though you'll need to clean the muck off him when you weed through the rest of them, haha...
  • oualum26
    oualum26 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have horror stories about men I "met" on POF. I'd rather be single the rest of my life then go through that again. But I guess with that site, you get what you (don't) pay for. I've honestly given up online dating. People tell me all the time how much luck they've had with it, but I've tried all of them numerous times with no success.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Seems to be all the rage - strangulation and humiliation......hmmm!! Each to their own I spose! :huh:
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    POF - Plenty of Freaks?
    I'd agree with that!! I've just re-joined POF, at the moment and I'm being bombarded by babies - I kid you not!! 19, 20 and 21 year olds!! A few years younger than me I can deal with, absolute youngest is the same age as my youngest sister (7 year age difference and she turned 32 this year) any younger and I'd feel like I was cradle snatching!!

I have a few friends who've met their significant others through POF and they're good solid long standing relationships, so there are some good ones to be had, or so I keep telling myself!!

But as NCTravllingG put it:
    HOPEFULLY, all it takes is one decent guy, though you'll need to clean the muck off him when you weed through the rest of them, haha...
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Lol I think since 50 shades more are coming out ..I just got favorited by a guy into "skinny dipping and BDSM" last night...I think the only reason he couldn't write me was because of his drug use status...set as "often" oh yippi my prince charming lmao.

I did have a few as if I would be a dom years ago when I was on POF..no thanks.

Oh the joys of free internet dating sites.
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm sure it's at least a more interesting first email than, "Hi"?! Wow, haven't gotten that one... there is always SOME new angle for creepy people to try!

Are you wearing the scarf in your profile pics?! Maybe that's getting them turned on, hahaha!!:laugh:

:laugh: actually I am! Never thought of that :smile:
  • NCTravellingGirl
    Options
    :laugh: actually I am! Never thought of that :smile:

That's because most of us don't walk around trying to think like a creepy person. I won't say what that may mean about me for coming to that possible answer so quickly :laugh:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    LOL am I the only one that hasn't met creepers on POF?

I love POF! I've gotten annoying messages (you're hot or what's up) but nothing scandalous.

Or maybe there's something wrong with ME.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

I love POF! I've gotten annoying messages (you're hot or what's up) but nothing scandalous.

I haven't either. I usually get either a hi or a nice message. My issue is on my end and just being horrible at responding. I have hidden my profile because of that. I don't want these guys I would want to talk to messaging me and then me not messaging them back for 3 days or more.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Lol I think since 50 shades more are coming out ..I just got favorited by a guy into "skinny dipping and BDSM" last night...I think the only reason he couldn't write me was because of his drug use status...set as "often" oh yippi my prince charming lmao.

what does 'skinny dipping' mean?? :huh:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

Swimming naked usually in a public place
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Uuugghh, POF. I just deleted my profile a few weeks ago...too many weirdos and not enough genuine men. I hope you have better luck than I did.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

I haven't either. I usually get either a hi or a nice message. My issue is on my end and just being horrible at responding. I have hidden my profile because of that. I don't want these guys I would want to talk to messaging me and then me not messaging them back for 3 days or more.
    Me as well. I haven't had any creepers contacting me looking for sex. Just men who are completely incompatible with me fishing around or annoying, but they're not creepers.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Lol I think since 50 shades more are coming out ..I just got favorited by a guy into "skinny dipping and BDSM" last night...

D'oh! We could have had a lot of fun with Anna with that phrase, especially in that context... I would have responded, "Covering yourself very tightly from head to toe in duct tape and getting lowered into a vat of warm honey."

--P
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Lol I think since 50 shades more are coming out ..I just got favorited by a guy into "skinny dipping and BDSM" last night...

D'oh! We could have had a lot of fun with Anna with that phrase, especially in that context... I would have responded, "Covering yourself very tightly from head to toe in duct tape and getting lowered into a vat of warm honey."

--P

This made me chuckle!!
  • ATclassof2021
    ATclassof2021 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    If you are going to use a online dating site I would stay away from the free ones......you get what you pay for and free always attracks the trash. I met my current girlfriend on match.com; not saying it is the best but at least those not willing to pay cannot communicate. My feelings are if you are truly looking to meet someone you are willing to put out a few dollars. Just my .02 :-)
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    If you are going to use a online dating site I would stay away from the free ones......you get what you pay for and free always attracks the trash. I met my current girlfriend on match.com; not saying it is the best but at least those not willing to pay cannot communicate. My feelings are if you are truly looking to meet someone you are willing to put out a few dollars. Just my .02 :-)

Depends on the size of your dating pool
    In my city (about 300,000) all of the same people who are online dating are on all of the websites. So why would I pay money on Match when the same person is on match, lava and pof. Why not just use the free site? I would change my strategy if I lived in Montreal or Toronto, or Boston/ NYC. But for me I'm not wasting the money.