Not coming from a VLCD and highly endorse......

The EM2WL way of living. I love to eat and do so gladly in excess and just want to say to everyone hello! Thanks to kiki and lucia for opening peoples eyes to what true success means! I have refused in my eating readjustment program to go without anything that I want, all in moderation, or excess, whatever the day brings. I have never done a reset and don't think I need to, since as previously mentioned I haven't ever been underfeeding. I love how strong my body is and the definition I am seeing. Just giving you a shout out! Hugs and <3

Replies

• Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Crystal, you are pretty much the epitome of how to do this correctly and without restriction (much different then moderation). I look up to you so much and am extremely thankful for not only the friendship we have bonded, but your guidance, encouragement and like-mindedness in this crazy world of "dieting down".

Eating more is not just for "certain" people. It will work for EVERY person, you just have to believe it and be patient!
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    :heart:... to you, to EM2WL, to Kiki & Lucia, to the whole thing. Love it, love everything about it, and love supporting my EM2WL friends that make me feel like we're in it together. It is now a sustainable way of life where I never have to deprive myself of anything. It also amazes me how much my attitude to non-food related things has changed. Eg. looking at my weight loss very objectively/scientifically now instead of emotionally, and also laughing at the number on the scale when I see the changes in the mirror.

:heart: fueling my body
    :heart: muscles
    :heart: food
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    How I have longed to hear those words Crystalchaos!! Like you I wasn't under feeding but wasn't happy with my attitude to food or weight. I simply could never find a middle road. Slowly I feel I am getting there. Weight not moving much but shape slowly improving.. Probably for me the most important thing is the gradual mental change. LIGHTBULB
    It's okay to eat!!!!!!! So yes please can I join in thanking all those who advise and encourage us and for me, made me feel normal. THANK YOU.
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    :heart: Aaah, I SO hope each and every newcomer or confused and scared MFP'er will read this!! :heart:

Thank you Crystal for your amazing example of "doing it the right way, the HEALTHY way!" Thank you for being such a great friend on MFP and all the encouragement and humor you bring to every day.
    So many people can learn so much from you and really know that eating well (eating more!), exercising and being patient and committed works!

Crystal is living proof people.... Listen up, read and question if you are not sure about something. Its the only way we learn, grow and succeed.

There's a huge difference between being "skinny" and being "strong & healthy".... Food and exercise makes that difference.
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Since you have had success after a normal low calorie diet, can I ask some questions? Because I'm losing all my progress. I've gained back 11 of the 15 I lost before coming here and I'm feeling ready to quit.
  • Since you have had success after a normal low calorie diet, can I ask some questions? Because I'm losing all my progress. I've gained back 11 of the 15 I lost before coming here and I'm feeling ready to quit.

I Hvae NEVER eaten a 'normal low calorie diet' I have eaten 1690+ exercise at the least and that was 30#'s ago. I eat 2765 or more, I used to eat 3200 and still sometimes do. . Ask away.....
  • Bump
  • julysbaby
    julysbaby Posts: 97 Member
    The EM2WL way of living. I love to eat and do so gladly in excess and just want to say to everyone hello! Thanks to kiki and lucia for opening peoples eyes to what true success means! I have refused in my eating readjustment program to go without anything that I want, all in moderation, or excess, whatever the day brings. I have never done a reset and don't think I need to, since as previously mentioned I haven't ever been underfeeding. I love how strong my body is and the definition I am seeing. Just giving you a shout out! Hugs and <3
    You are such an inspiration!!! Thanks for the post!!! And I agree wholeheartedly with the love that is felt for all involved in opening our eyes to the EM2WL philosophy!!!
  • crystal8208
    Since you have had success after a normal low calorie diet, can I ask some questions? Because I'm losing all my progress. I've gained back 11 of the 15 I lost before coming here and I'm feeling ready to quit.

I Hvae NEVER eaten a 'normal low calorie diet' I have eaten 1690+ exercise at the least and that was 30#'s ago. I eat 2765 or more, I used to eat 3200 and still sometimes do. . Ask away.....

How is it that I gain a bit and level off at 2400 cals and then gain 7 more pounds steadily over 1.5 months at a 20% cut? (Salt was high before, salt high now, so I don't think that's it.)
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member

How is it that I gain a bit and level off at 2400 cals and then gain 7 more pounds steadily over 1.5 months at a 20% cut? (Salt was high before, salt high now, so I don't think that's it.)

What is your activity level? And maybe you're cutting too much and netting under BMR so your body is storing energy for later. It is super important not to net below BMR.
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    What is your activity level? And maybe you're cutting too much and netting under BMR so your body is storing energy for later. It is super important not to net below BMR.

I would tend to agree here... 20% cut is not recommended. 300 cal deficit has been researched as the maximum cut for women to get the best results.

Can you give us some more details/numbers so we can help? :)
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    I just want to say that Crystal is awesome nd a walking proof that there is no need to be in a limited calorie diet. The word diet shouldn't even be used if you are trying to change your way of living .
  • crystal8208

I would tend to agree here... 20% cut is not recommended. 300 cal deficit has been researched as the maximum cut for women to get the best results.

Can you give us some more details/numbers so we can help? :)

Crystal PM'd me so we are working on it as well. But to answer your questions:

23 years old
    5'7 height
    228 ish pounds currently
    233 start weight in 2/2012
    I did maintenance at 2400 calories
    Cut at 2040 calories
    BMR is around 1850.

I had lost 15 pounds eating around my BMR earlier in the year. So you can imagine my frustration when my brain said "This makes sense. Let's eat some more." and my body said "Nah, let's pack on some pounds."

ETA height
  • crystal8208
    Oh and I read if you have 50 or more pounds to lose 20% was okay. I need to lose 80.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love it!
    And obviously this is a woman who knows what she's talking about...111 pounds lost...um yeah.