Need help with TDEE & "resetting" please!

snafuing1
snafuing1 Posts: 16 Member
Hi all, I'm new to EM2WL. I am really optimistic about this idea, but I feel like I need a little help figuring out the mechanics, if anyone more experienced could please be so kind. I'm not really sure what my activity level is, and I don't know if I need to do a metabolic reset. Here's the numbers I know:

23 y/o
female
5'6"
147 lbs
1479 cals for BMR
military calc gives me 25%BF, Covert Bailey calc gives me 21%BF

So, to figure out my TDEE I need to pick my activity level. I go for a run, use the ellipitcal, or do some kind of cardio 3x per week for 20-30 minutes. I'm also a rock climber, and spend 1.5-3 hours 3x per week at the rock gym (keep in mind maybe 1/3 of the time I spend there I'm actually climbing, as I have to belay my partner, tie in and out, stretch, get water, etc.). Which activity level should I pick? This the chart that my calculator gave me:

Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 1796
Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 2058
Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 2320
Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2582

My second question is, do I need to do a "reset" and eat my TDEE every day for a while? I have been a 1200 cals/day dieter in the past and lost about 25 lbs that way during 2011 and early 2012, but for the past month or two I have eaten about 1500-1700 cals every day. My weight hasn't significantly changed in what seems like forever, so I guess I'm at a plateau?

Sorry for the lost post. I have done a lot of reading, but I am feeling kind of overwhelmed by all the information. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• I am no professional or anything but I would suggest you eat what the 'moderate' activity level says. I have also never had to do a reset but I think giving it a try for 2 months or longer could benefit you. Make sure you read all the stickies with what to expect. It is important for your body to trust you. Good luck!