Half Marathon

Options
Hi running buddies. I'm looking for a Half Marathon to run sometime before the end of of 2012. Ideally it would be sometime between the 2nd week of November and xmas. That's kind of late in the season for my area (NY) but I'd be ok to travel to somewhere for a really great race. Does anyone have a Half they love? Well organized...scenic...worth a trip? I know I can check Runners World race calendars and so on but I'm kind of looking for a personal opinion? I'm afraid that overseas travel isn't in the budget so I have to limit myself to somewhere within my frequent flyer miles range (probably East Coast-ish). Ideas??

Replies

• mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I would love to help you, but unfortunately I'm not help as I live in Australia.

But I do hope you find one. Good luck.
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I would love to help you, but unfortunately I'm not help as I live in Australia.

Hi mmk137--One of my favorite races ever was the Canberra Marathon. But unfortunately you're right--it's a little off my radar for this year.
  • tiggerunner
    tiggerunner Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i know it's a drive, but the OBX half is Veterans day weekend and a great time. I have done it for years and actually flying in from Tokyo, so I don't miss it and also visit some family. Check out Half2run website for a full list of many half marathons.

Oh, just remembered that there is a great one in Richmond VA. All of my friends that have done it love it and a bit closer for you.