The bad and the ugly side of the journey

Options
2»

Replies

• aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    bump - experiencing the same issues. I'm up 10 lbs since the start of the year.
  • rachel4
    rachel4 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    And just to be clear I’m not saying that I want to eat VLCD
    I could never survive on a 1200 calorie diet, but I don’t think MY BODY can adjust to the 1800-2000 calorie diet UNLESS I’m burning 500-700 calories a workout. And sometime lifting days I don’t burn THAT much.
    I have crunched my numbers rechecked my macros and stuck with it for 6 months….

I love that it works for other people. but I just don’t think it’s for me… and I haven’t seen many people voicing that in here. Everyone wants to hear about progress and the journey.. this is my progress (zero) and my journey
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I could never survive on a 1200 calorie diet, but I don’t think MY BODY can adjust to the 1800-2000 calorie diet UNLESS I’m burning 500-700 calories a workout. And sometime lifting days I don’t burn THAT much.

I love that it works for other people. but I just don’t think it’s for me… and I haven’t seen many people voicing that in here. Everyone wants to hear about progress and the journey.. this is my progress (zero) and my journey

I understand your frustration. But I'm a bit confused as to your journey. I read your original post, but some things were unclear. Did you do a full six month reset eating at TDEE the entire time religiously? Did your measurements change during this time? Are you eating at a cut now? It would be helpful to know your starting stats and your current stats. I'm just trying to figure out how best to help you make EM2WL work for YOU. :flowerforyou: This can work, it just needs tweaking for the individual. It's possible that your numbers are not correct. The calculator is a starting point, not the final word.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options

I understand your frustration. But I'm a bit confused as to your journey. I read your original post, but some things were unclear. Did you do a full six month reset eating at TDEE the entire time religiously? Did your measurements change during this time? Are you eating at a cut now? It would be helpful to know your starting stats and your current stats. I'm just trying to figure out how best to help you make EM2WL work for YOU. :flowerforyou: This can work, it just needs tweaking for the individual. It's possible that your numbers are not correct. The calculator is a starting point, not the final word.

I completely agree with this. I can understand your frustration. EM2WL is a personal journey. There is no saying that it didn't work for you. It's *your* program, *you* are the only one that it WILL work for. No two people's journey will look alike. The reason for the threads that state "patience" a zillion times over are for that exact reason...you will NEED it, lol. A direct quote from the patience thread.

"if you are looking for a quick fix, you have come to the wrong place"

I have been on this journey for 8+ years. Please don't expect to be magically transformed in a few short months. There may be things that need to be "tweaked" to suit *you*, but "giving up" on fueling your body properly, is a different story.

By telling you that upfront, we are giving you the tools for success: preparing you for what is to come.
    "Success is when preparation meets opportunity"

If you truly know and accept the things that are stated in the "patience" post, then you will understand that the process has to play out the way that it plays out. There process takes *time* because we NEED it to. If you lose all the weight immediately, then what have you learned in the process? If it took 5 years to put the weight on, then why does 5 months seem so long to us?

I'm so so sorry that you have reached out and not gotten help :cry: , but we have videos, blog posts, Q&A, and everything else that says these exact words. We are trying to help as many people as we can, and still keep our day jobs, but the fact remains that it is YOUR journey. Take this time to figure out YOUR body, what it likes, dislikes, sensitivities, etc. Others can only give you feedback based on what *they* took time to figure out w/their own body.

This also means that it is not an "all or nothing" journey. You don't have to choose between 2300 cals and 1200 cals. There is a WHOLE lot of numbers in between those two. Even if you decided, "hey, I'm gonna try dropping 100 cals to make sure that I'm not over/underestimating somewhere" that is *your* choice, that doesn't mean that you are "giving up" on EM2WL, but that you are doing what's best for YOU. That is what EM2WL is. :wink:

Take the time to explore what is best for YOU. And please take the time to explore all of the options that we have made available to help you on that journey. I can pretty much guarantee that every question you have is answered somewhere. Including the ones you've addressed in this thread : http://eatmore2weighless.com/ready-to-give-up/

Another thing to take into consideration....you were slowly gaining BEFORE increasing your cals. :frown: There could be a deeper issue here, and *that* is what you need to dig up. If you were already gaining, then lowering your cals won't do much more than release some of the water that your body is holding on to now, and possibly get you back to where you where before...still at a plateau :ohwell:

Also have you taken any pics? I've told my story a few times, but I gained like 20 lbs on my reset, and it NEVER came off. :huh: (see the above blog post or this forum post: http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com/showthread.php?tid=196 )

Feel free to PM me, or start a post on the site forum - because it's very hard to keep track of posts here, because things get buried so quickly.

~Kiki :flowerforyou:
  • rachel4
    rachel4 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

This also means that it is not an "all or nothing" journey. You don't have to choose between 2300 cals and 1200 cals. There is a WHOLE lot of numbers in between those two. Even if you decided, "hey, I'm gonna try dropping 100 cals to make sure that I'm not over/underestimating somewhere" that is *your* choice, that doesn't mean that you are "giving up" on EM2WL, but that you are doing what's best for YOU. That is what EM2WL is. :wink:

I agree with you here. ^^^^

I'd NEVER eat a VLCD and I think you girls are extremely supportive. I follow you on FB and love all the posts. but I need to find a good number place between VLCD and EM2WL
    VLCD being 1200 NOT 800 :happy:

I'm not "giving up" just frustrated, the weight came one in one year and I'm at 1/2 a year and the weight is still here with a few extra inches.

You're right,
    I can see how posts in here get buried quickly
    Thanks
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    bumping as this is me too but I don't have time to read it all at the moment