fitbit vs. scooby for TDEE/activity level

Options
Which one should I use to determine my activity level, the fitbit or the Scooby calculator? According to my fitbit, I burn about 2500 calories/day ("lightly active" activity level), but according to the scooby or fat2fit radio calculators and my hours of exercise each week. I should be in the "moderately active" activity level. Does the difference have something to do with my metabolism being inefficient?

My stats:
Female, 36 years old
5'6"
237 lbs
sedentary desk job
2 hrs/week dumbbell heavy-as-I-can-lift-right-now strength training
2 hrs/week cardio (treadmill)
30 mins - 1 hr yoga/week

Replies

• Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I don't think either is intended to tell you your activity level for mfp. What they do try to tell you is how much you burn. I know that the fitbit underestimates my burn as I lose if I try to keep to their maintenance calories, and scooby is even further off as I only do light exercise normally. Personally i'd use trial and error as my guide.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I have a bodybugg ( similar to fitbit). It says my average TDEE is 2500 on workout days, 2200ish on non workout days. Sccoby & fat2fit say my TDEE is 2050. Quite a big difference ! I've tried "cutting" from each. No weightloss since may1st. Now I'm burnt out & pudgier. But gonna keep after it.