Kind of a Dumb Question

Options
glwerth
glwerth Posts: 335 Member
So, I think I'm doing this wrong.

I did my first lifting working out Sunday. I was really, really sore the next day. The can barely move kind of sore.

Then, it passed and I went yesterday for my next workout.

I was fatigued, but not in pain. I made sure I ate plenty of protein and drank lots of water and never got to the point I was before.

I did it again today, just because I was worried I wasn't working hard enough.

I feel muscle fatigue all over, but I'm not in terrible pain.

And that makes me feel like I'm not working hard enough.

So, am I supposed to hurt?

Replies

• Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    That sounds about right! The first couple times tend to be pretty painful. After that you're body isn't so shocked, and you might not feel more than fatigued. You certainly shouldn't be in terrible pain on a regular basis. Walking like a zombie, maybe. :laugh:

Don't judge your efforts by how you feel the next day. As long as your weights are heavy enough so that you're having trouble with the last rep(s), you're doing it right.
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    That sounds about right! The first couple times tend to be pretty painful. After that you're body isn't so shocked, and you might not feel more than fatigued. You certainly shouldn't be in terrible pain on a regular basis. Walking like a zombie, maybe. :laugh:

Don't judge your efforts by how you feel the next day. As long as your weights are heavy enough so that you're having trouble with the last rep(s), you're doing it right.

Thank you. I'm wobbly on the last few reps, but not unable to do them. I just don't "wanna" do anymore!
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm never in terrible pain
    I can feel my muscles are bigger from water retention, so it hurts if I put pressure on them (massage, or just strong hug LOL)
    but I never ever get DOMS I do stretch though

EDITED for spelling
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options

Thank you. I'm wobbly on the last few reps, but not unable to do them. I just don't "wanna" do anymore!

Oh my god, tell me about it. Every time I increase weights for my lunges, I just want to put them down so bad! My legs can handle it alright, but my hands get so tired. But then eventually I'm like "hey these weights are getting lighter! Who's messing with my weights??" :bigsmile: