Big Belly

Options
I have received so much wonderful advice with questions I asked on this board so here I am again asking for help....my nsv is that I am down a pants size, and yes the scale is still at a stand still, but I don't care about that much anymore it's not about the scale. I have a belly issue, I have had it for the last 16 years ever since I gave birth to my son......being the one time trophy wife did not help, and then hubby bringing me Ice cream every night, ( I always said to keep me fat) so I ate it. Well the truth is........getting older and then diabetes setting in was part of my Belly problem, and yes I know everyone says it takes time to heal, and my diabetes is pretty much under control since I started paleo/primal.....I think on most days I tend to be more paleo, anyhow, when I stand before the mirror all I see is my huge belly.......my hips and legs and even my breast's have shrunk, but not my belly, what should I do, I know once again I am venting my frustration. I have had only one cheat day since I started other then making a few mistakes when I started, I've been doing pretty good. So any advice is much appreciated.

Replies

• zellagrrl
    Options
    Spanx! Seriously-- I have some lower belly flab and that's what I use (not always, but when I want to dress up). I wear things that make me feel good and feel like I look good in though-- lots of dresses and leggings and boy short bathing suit bottoms. So, avoid the mirror (seriously, sometimes I might get to work and think WTF at my outfit but, eh, I work with engineers who wear sweatpants) and wear what you love.

And work out to improve your musculature, while continuing with the diet-- it will come with time (Or else, there's always surgery-- probably not the healthiest advice, but it motivates me a lot-- if I still hate myself, I can always save up the money to completely alter the physical portion of me. And then when I really think about what I'd rather do with that money, I realize it's probably not worth it, since I'd have to get over my fear of anesthesia, and that's a phobia I'm fine with having.).
  • mehaugen
    mehaugen Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You might be fructose intolerant. That's what made me super bloated all the time, which I thought was just belly fat. Check out the website thefartingpear.com.
  • mehaugen
    mehaugen Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Argh it double posted and won't let me delete this post, only edit.
  • zellagrrl
    Options
    Thank you for posting that... husband and I have been wondering WTF is wrong with his stomach, since he's back to a Paleo diet, which improved a lot of things pre-wedding. Sending it onto his doc now :)
  • digitalalchemy
    digitalalchemy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I haven't had children, but it seems like the bulk of my fat is stored in my belly and I lose everywhere else but my belly. First thing I would look at is your cortisol levels. Are you sleeping well? 7-9 hours a night? What is your stress like? Have you thought about hormone testing? Cortisol leads to belly fat, which leads to increased estrogen, which leads to more belly fat. Also, lifting heavy; really heavy will help get rid of excess stomach fat. Dead lifts, back squats, pull-ups, etc all help put a good hormetic stress on your body that help with fat loss. Also, maybe check out intermittent fasting. That's helped kill a lot of my belly fat. Only do it if you are hormonally sound. Otherwise it will put more stress on your body and make it worse.
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Well. If you want a quick fix. Throw out all the sugar foods, drink, and bread into trash. I don't care if you spent a lot but it's better to save yourself than to go over the remorse for not throwing those foods out. Trust me on that and it's might teach you and your husband to stop tempting yourselves with those sugar foods.

Anything that are sugar: ice cream, sauces, soda, bread, corn, and it's 99% of packed foods are loaded with sugars. Throw them out and don't look back like Lot's wife! If you couldn't do that then ask your relatives to do it for you while you are at some other place.

I hope I have helped you to overcome your struggle.
  • domez
    domez Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If your carbs are below 100 then I would think it was time to see a professional Paleo nutritionist. Its the carbs not the calories that we Paleo/Primal people need to track.