Open Diaries?

Options
I just posted a general question in the regular community board asking if other people who eat around 1,200-1,300 calories a day could share their diary with me. Someone linked me to this group, and I am very happy they did.

I am trying to limit myself to between 1,200-1,300 calories a day. So far I haven't been depriving or starving myself and I have not gone to bed hungry.

I was wondering if other people who consume between 1,200-1,300 calories/day and have an open diary could possibly reply to this post. I find I am having a hard time coming up with meal plans/meal ideas to keep myself in the 1,200 range.

Thanks all!

Replies

• JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request, mine is open to friends :smile:
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    my diary is open, and we are now friends. Ignore this last weekend as we were remodeling in the house and I totally screwed up. But the rest isn't too bad i think :) Also my exercise was non-existant for a cpl days due to breaking a toe but I am slowly getting back to it.
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    my diary is open,
    (wide open, whyever not?emo4.gif)
    Isn't that why we are here? to focus on fitness? I don't even understand why anyone would NOT have their diary open...but whatever.

but,
    my food diary is not a very good role model,
    especially lately. (hangs head)

shiver.
    i have gone hog wild a time or two,----:blushing:
    and had a week or so, where i went over my 1200 most every day,:cry:
    and
    even on days i was below 1200, i am not proud of some of the weeks,
    when i ate mostly carb-y crapola type foods. I am kind of new here, still trying to develop new habits.
    Sometimes, if i am going to a party,
    i save up alllllllll my calories for eating at the party.emo26.gif
    On those days, i much resemble a wino, lol!!

I seem to eat different stuff from one week to the next, no well established pattern YET.......fairly random, actually.:laugh:

I much prefer to have some fruits and veggies each day, several times a day, THE VERY ACT OF EATING FRUITS OR VEGGIES, for *me*,
    seems to trigger an overall healthier outlook, i tend to do better overall,
    on days i eat fruits and veggies.
    but not every day looks like that in my food diary...........:blushing: BUT on weeks where i DID eat fruits and veggies every day,
    i did much better overall.

and *I* much prefer eating fish, if i eat meat at all,
    but my roommate does most of the cooking, (his insistence, he won't eat my cooking)
    and cooks beef all the time, all the time, complete with gravy.:sick:

but, depending on when we are due to buy groceries:indifferent:
    and
    depending on WHO in the family has bought groceries, (i live with a junkatarian who loves to stock the kitchen with pure junk--candy, chips, donuts, cookies, ice cream, etc, brings home entire bags full of just crapola)
    so
    i don't always have a great example of how to eat healthy at under 1200 per day.
    but, it's honest, i track Every bite.

also,
    i tend to not eat in the daytime. Evne when i was a runner and very trim, i only ate in the evenings.
    I know, odd, right?:laugh:
    but i am never hungry in the daytime, or only rarely.
    and once i DO eat
    it's like my stomach is now ON!! I get hungry AFTER i eat,:ohwell: and can end up grazing all day long if i eat in the daytime.

And eating slows me down, makes me sedentary.:yawn:
    so i eat in the evenings only. But, sometimes, it's nice, to have a full 1200 calories to blow in the evenings!:bigsmile: rofl. I can not sleep if i am hungry.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    my diary is open, feel free to check it out. Hope it helps. I like to see other peoples diaries too gives me ideas on different things to try
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    my diary is open :smile:
  • Nautigirl55
    Nautigirl55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have my calories set to 930 to trick myself into exercise. I know I eat between 1200 & 1300 but when I had it set to that in the evening I would eat more because my program still showed I had more calories to use up. This seems to be working for me....also my diary is open...:-)
  • BranMuffin947
    BranMuffin947 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

and *I* much prefer eating fish, if i eat meat at all

also,
    i tend to not eat in the daytime. Evne when i was a runner and very trim, i only ate in the evenings.
    I know, odd, right?:laugh:
    but i am never hungry in the daytime, or only rarely.
    and once i DO eat
    it's like my stomach is now ON!! I get hungry AFTER i eat,:ohwell: and can end up grazing all day long if i eat in the daytime.

And eating slows me down, makes me sedentary.:yawn:
    so i eat in the evenings only. But, sometimes, it's nice, to have a full 1200 calories to blow in the evenings!:bigsmile: rofl. I can not sleep if i am hungry.

THIS!!!

I eat very little during the day because I like to eat my favorite meal of the day without 'worrying'!
  • BIW2012
    BIW2012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I eat 1300 and eat back exercise calories. xx
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    My diary is open to friends, but I don't always hit 1,200. It might work to my advantage though since I go way over my calorie burn on my cheat day.
  • shapelyJ
    shapelyJ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to friend and I'd love some new ones. I used mfp a couple of years back and unfortunately most of my friends from back then are (well, I guess like me for a while) not active anymore.

I don't include meat in my diet, and try to eat vegan meals whenever possible. If that's something that interests you than feel free to go through my diary :)