not that relevant, but......

Options
bonjour24
bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
i've just done my best run ever!
i ran 7km in 40 mins. for me, that's pretty epic. and i know it's because of the weights and core stuff i've only just added to the training.
my legs felt strong, and i was running from my thighs, iykwim. usually when i tire i kind of do that shuffle and run from my knees! my posture was good (thank you crunches) and when i finished, i could feel how my stomach muscles worked differently to keep my posture straight.

GONE are the days of being a slumpy shuffler!

ETA- and i still have butt DOMS!

Replies

• ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    That is great! it feels good when you know you are running really well doesn't it! I have suddenly started running much faster and i am not sure why, weightloss or mental! Are you training for a run now and if so are you reconsidering your time goal?
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i'm training for a marathon in 8 weeks. i've got a half in 2 weeks, and a 32k in 3 weeks. how about yourself? are you training for anything specific?
    and i'm not too worried about time- my goal is always to finish. i'm a plodder, and built for comfort and not speed! but the half i have in a few weeks is the 1st half i've done. i ran it last year and finished in 2hrs 45. i want to finish it faster than that. and i finished my first full in 6hrs 23- and it nearly killed me. i'd like to finish my next full faster, but more importantly feeling less like death.
  • ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I was training for a half in mid October, but the places filled 6 weeks before and I hadn't registered! I did briefly consider just doing the marathon, but I wasn't comfortable that there was enough time to train for it properly. So I am going to try to smash the 10km. Going to try for sub 50. Not sure it is doable, but nice to have a goal hey! I'll probably do a marathon next year.