calorie confusion

Options
SO---I am fairly new. played around for a month, then started seriously tracking. I got a little stuck after 10 pounds, so decided to shoot for 1500 a day (MFP suggests 1830) and to not eat back my exercise.

BUT---I started reading the message boards...oh my goodness
'starvation mode' ....BMR....BME......TDEE....so confusing!

Does it even matter that much for someone over 300 pounds? There is so much fat, I am sure my body cannot possibly think it is starving, HOWEVER, I would also think that I would be losing 2 pounds a week easy----and it is 1 pound, maybe a scosh more.

Any thoughts or experiences?

:huh:

Replies

• MissySho
    MissySho Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Everyone's experiences are going to be different, no matter what. But for me I am lucky to eat 1100 calories a day, and that is stuffing myself, but I do drink quite a bit of water. (like 24 8oz glasses a day).....my biggest struggle is sodium. Although the past 5 days I have done pretty darn good keeping my sodium low and I have already seen the pounds just fall off. I can't disclose exactly how much I have lost this week as of yet because my official weigh in isn't until Saturday but it is pretty significant.

The best advice I could give you is don't worry about what anyone here says too much. I would direct all questions you have to your doctor. With medical professional help you are sure to be able to reach your goal on a plan that fits you. Just remember everyday is a new day. And this is going to be a long journey. I know you can do it, good luck and if you ever need anyone just to talk to feel free to message me.
  • LouisAA1978
    Options
    well for me if i was hungry i ate i dont pay attention to if i ate my exercise calories back or not
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    good feedback! Thanks......I think I will not read too much into all the weird posts
    :flowerforyou:
  • matthew_b
    matthew_b Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    So far I'm not seeing any kind of inverse correlation like people claim. I eat less, I lose it faster. I exercise more, I lose it faster.
  • lessofme150
    lessofme150 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I was just at my doctors the other day and told him that my calorie goal per day was 1610 and he said for me not to go below 1500 and that 1610 was good for now. I asked him what I should do if MFP does change me to 1500 and he said that it will be a while before I should be at 1500. If you are truly unsure, chat with your doctor. Everyone is different and you will find what's best for you.