Just one of those annoyed days

I am making such great progress mentally - but having BDD (body dysmorphic disorder) makes things hard. I can run faster, lift more and do more than every before. But I still see a horrible gut every time I look at my photos. I also see almost no physical change from pictures I took 4 months ago despite others noticing change.

Just whinging. :)

Replies

• I have this problem too--but it really is quite a bad mental space to be in. It's better to try to love yourself and think about this entire journey as a mission to greater fitness NOT just a certain weight/body type.
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 578 Member
    I have no doubt that you look way different. You are extremely dedicated and making great progress. I know how hard it is to be patient, but you know the saying. We didn't get fat overnight, and we won't get fit overnight. Keep on keeping on. You're an inspiration.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Yep you both are right. I am nowhere near a turnaround point. For me this is my new life and I want to make progress every day.

It's becoming FUN to exercise which sure is a weird thing to say/imagine....
  • riouxt
    riouxt Posts: 104 Member

It's becoming FUN to exercise which sure is a weird thing to say/imagine....

That's what its about. A lifestyle rehaul. You're doing great work buddy. It pays off even if you can't see it. Stay positive! You have TOTALLY got this!