Hi!

So i'm really scared that EM2WL won't work for me. i'm about 2 1/2 weeks in and im scared to step on the scale.
Before i discovered EM2WL, I went from eating 1800 calories and netting somewhere in the 1200 range, and for a period of time i just gave up and said "screw this i'll try 2200 calories a day" for weight loss (since bodybuilder.com was telling me to eat that much). So i would net 1600 calories a day and TRY to eat back my exercised calories which would result around 2000-2200 calories. I did this for about 3 weeks and ended up losing 5 pounds, I was freaking out and really happy. But around that time i started going to parties since its the summer before my college years, and i started freaking out about calories when i would eat at these parties, so i KNOW i would net in the 1200 range again due to lack of eating. And in like 1 week worth of time, i gained my 5 pounds back, and it wasnt water retention!
So what gives?? What did i gain it back?
And since then I discovered this group, and havent checked the scale and have been eating at my cut value which is 2100 and always stay above my BMR.
I just need an explanation on why i gained all my weight back so quickly when i wasnt over eating, and will EM2WL work for me??? I plan on checking the scale in 1 week.

BTW, i work out moderately, 4-5 times a week, weight train and cardio, i'm 18 years old female~

Replies

• i guess i need some reassurance. And what will i might face in starting EM2WL?
  • zechks
    zechks Posts: 224
    Don't trust the scale. Let the mirror be your judge. If you're gainig weight but looking leaner, then maybe you've lost some fat and gained some muscle as well. This is very common among beginners, losing and gaining muscle at the same time in a short period of time. So that might be it. Don't stress too much. I think you're on the right track. And ditch the parties, it'll screw you from reaching your goals. Lol. :)
  • Don't trust the scale. Let the mirror be your judge. If you're gainig weight but looking leaner, then maybe you've lost some fat and gained some muscle as well. This is very common among beginners, losing and gaining muscle at the same time in a short period of time. So that might be it. Don't stress too much. I think you're on the right track. And ditch the parties, it'll screw you from reaching your goals. Lol. :)

Lol, thank you! :D
  • zechks
    zechks Posts: 224
    [/quote]
    Lol, thank you! :D
    [/quote]

You're very much welcome my dear. ;)
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    I totally agree about the scale. Go by how your clothes fit. My scale may say I've gained 2 pounds but then my clothes are looser....so I try not to stress about it.
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Remember, with this way of life, consistency is your friend. If you make a change, give it several weeks at least before you start "tweeking" things. It is not a fast process, but it does work!!