Better results from body pump vs lifting heavy?

Options
I'm not sure why, but I always seem to get better results from higher reps vs lifting heavy with lower reps. Is anyone else this way. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE lifting heavy, but I just don't get results from it like I do with programs like body pump. Anyone else?

Replies

• Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Well in my opinion body pump is more for muscle endurance vs lifting heavy actually builds muscle, over time of course. I have yet to try body pump, but I may someday :)
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why, but I always seem to get better results from higher reps vs lifting heavy with lower reps. Is anyone else this way. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE lifting heavy, but I just don't get results from it like I do with programs like body pump. Anyone else?

What do you mean by better results? More fat loss? Bigger muscles? Higher burn? Staying power? Can you pls be more specific :). As Crystal said, the science is behind heavy lifting for body composition results and pump for endurance so if you're talking about composition I find that really genuinely interesting!

Pump did nothing for me but give me sore shoulders and headaches. Heavy lifting changes my body on a weekly basis - real definition that I can see.
  • BlondieBride
    BlondieBride Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by better results? More fat loss? Bigger muscles? Higher burn? Staying power? Can you pls be more specific :). As Crystal said, the science is behind heavy lifting for body composition results and pump for endurance so if you're talking about composition I find that really genuinely interesting!

Pump did nothing for me but give me sore shoulders and headaches. Heavy lifting changes my body on a weekly basis - real definition that I can see.

By results I mean fat-loss, more inches lost etc. Heavy lifting doesn't seem to give me results with muscle hypotrophy that I want :-/ I really love heavy lifting, maybe I should just stick with it and give it more time?
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    All I know is that BP is the only thing I do and my arms/back etc are super defined and muscular. I get members at the club as me daily what I do to get the definition I have....Bodypump. As most of you know, I found such success that I now teach it...along with 4000 other classes. Haha!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    When I lost all my weight in 2010/2011 I was doing bodypump & bodystep. BodyPump is more of an endurancec class but it is a great class.
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I'm doing body pump 2-3 times per week and am definitely starting to see some definition...mostly arms/shoulders/back. Keeping "heavy lifting" in mind, I'm always trying to push my limits and increase weight in the BP class. I love the classes and seem to get alot out of it. :)
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I love that you're all getting great results from pump. I think it's definitely a good platform to start training muscles and then make your way into heavier stuff for different goals later on if that's what you want. i'm sticking with my NROL for the moment :)
  • MessyLittlePanda
    MessyLittlePanda Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I got great results from pump. Gutted I can't do it at the moment :(