On The Road Again....

Options
So, this past weekend was really difficult for me. It was a rather spontaneous weekend. I left for my Husband's Family Reunion on Saturday and went all the way to Monday. It was a 9 hour drive. Our decision was so last minute that I wasn't able to pack any food. Therefore, I was eating out the whole day Saturday and Monday. I picked the 'healthiest' places I could, but no matter where you go, it's all processed!
My question: How do you guys eat clean on the road? What are some tips I could follow for the next time this happens? What is a good Detox to get this disgusting feeling out of me?

Replies

• debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    We've been travelilng a lot lately and the tips I have.are to pack protein drinks like pure protein, atkins, Eas. Also bring 100 cal. packs of nuts or put small portions in ziploc containers. If you have a cooler, make your lunch, bring fruit, water in it. Sometimes I'll bring Ezekial bread/almond butter so I have my own stuff for lunch.

We try to stay in hotels with breakfasts and then I will drink the coffee w/splenda/creamer. Don't use the international french vanilla/hazelnut- too much sugar. I will eat an apple or banana with a packet of peanut butter and a hard boiled egg. If they don't have that- I will eat their cooked egg/sausage. You could also do a piece of toast/english muffin w/peanut butter (I just try to stay lower carb and away from breads). Stay away from juice if you are watching your sugar.

For dinner- just pick meat/fish/chicken with 2 veggies or a big salad with same. Use oil/vinegar or get dressing on the side and use sparingly. Cracker barrell has a low carb section in their breakfast and regular menu.
    I'll also get a burger w/cheese/lettuce/tomato and just don't eat the bun or fries.

We're going to Italy next week-idk what I will do there! I have to try everything and can't bring food. Wish me luck!