weight loss secrets

Options
2»

Replies

• lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda loosey-goosey. All I've done is logged my food and kept within calorie limits, basically eating whatever I wanted. I did notice over time that I was eating a lot fewer bread and pasta products - mainly because they have a lot of calories and don't keep me filled up. I also try to eat some kind of protein with every meal. Other than that, loosey-goosey. I do my best to stay within calorie limits except on rare family occasions - the occasional barbecue, birthday, Thanksgiving - you get the picture. Even on those days I try to eat well.

The most important things I've learned are:
    1. Everyone is different and what works for me may or may not work for you
    2. If I eat below 1325 calories, I go into long plateaus which are only broken when I eat more calories
    3. Losing weight seems to work best when it's a lifestyle change, not a quick fix type of diet. If what you do isn't sustainable FOR YOU long term, you won't be able to keep the weight off.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'm trying a diet meant to help reduce oestrogen levels as I'm getting menopause symptoms bad and can't shift weight from around abdomen even though I dropped 3 stone. I'm also taking progesterone cream.

I read that oestrogen dominance interferes with thyroid too so medication is not as effective, so hoping if I get hormones sorted my meds will work better and the abdominal fat will come off and STAY off!
  • Kelleybelley69
    Kelleybelley69 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will ry it