excited!

christimw
christimw Posts: 183 Member
my husband keeps telling me he sees a huge difference in the progress i've made, but i can't see ANYTHING at all. i measured myself about a week and a half after going primal on 8.27 and then again this morning, i have lost an inch off both my waist and hips (but, i had already chugged a good amount of water, i'm going to do it again in the morning before i ingest anything). the scale is still stuck, which really isn't bothering me as long as i'm seeing results somewhere else. i just wish i could see it myself.

and how long did it take your energy to go up after starting primal/paleo? today is four weeks, and i've yet to have any more energy than when i started.

Replies

• Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Coffee?
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    I saw a big spike in energy about the 5th or 6th day, but I'm incorporating a little IF too. I don't eat until between 10am and noon (and I wake up at 6am), but I feel my best before I break my fast.
  • christimw
    coffee doesn't affect me, i guess i've drank too much of it in my life. lol i've been taking coconut oil and apple cider vinegar also. i am sleeping much better and longer, but that hasn't done much for my energy either. : /

i wake up at 6 am also, its rare i eat before 10-12. i did have a small breakfast this morning though because i woke up hungry. today is day 22 for me, i figured i would have seen that spike already and it kinda disappoints me as having more energy was one of my main reasons for changing.
  • mehaugen
    mehaugen Posts: 210 Member
    Maybe you need to add carbs. I was low carb for almost a year and always felt horribly lethargic, couldn't bring myself to exercise, was cranky and irritable.

Started reading paleoforwomen.com, added in some carbs, now I feel great! I especially love the seratonin boost after I eat a delicious fat-covered tuber. So satisfying!
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Maybe you need to add carbs. I was low carb for almost a year and always felt horribly lethargic, couldn't bring myself to exercise, was cranky and irritable.

Started reading paleoforwomen.com, added in some carbs, now I feel great! I especially love the seratonin boost after I eat a delicious fat-covered tuber. So satisfying!

I second this. More carbs are not always a bad thing when it comes to energy. Do you work out regularly? If so, you need to be on the higher end of the carb spectrum. For those who have thyroid issues, like myself, I need to eat even more carbs than most people. I stick to under 100 a day, but try to get over 60 grams every day.
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Coffee?

Jindra,
    That's your reply to everything! Haha you're so funny! I like coffee but too much coffee can do a number on your adrenals. I try to drink no more than 3 cups in the morning, but even that is excessive now that I see it written here. I wonder what Sisson has to say about coffee consumption and limitations.
  • Coffee?

Jindra,
    That's your reply to everything! Haha you're so funny! I like coffee but too much coffee can do a number on your adrenals. I try to drink no more than 3 cups in the morning, but even that is excessive now that I see it written here. I wonder what Sisson has to say about coffee consumption and limitations.

I thought it was bacon? :)
  • christimw
    No, I rarely work out. I walk to the bus stop, but that's not very far. I mostly sit around on the computer all day. :X Walking to the bus stop is a huge step toward working out for me. I'll start looking out for my carbs, I usually don't pay attention to them much and just look at the calories.

I'm not cranky or irritable or anything, I have no problem exercising when I actually DO. Usually when the kids got on the bus I'd go back to bed, and I'm not doing that anymore. So I guess I DO have a little more energy, but I still don't feel like actually doing anything. Maybe I'm just lazy. LOL

thanks for the link, i'll check it out! :)
  • asoeung
    asoeung Posts: 41 Member
    I, too, was expecting to be "bouncing off the walls" with energy after changing my diet. I think the effect is a little bit more subtle than that. Maybe we just never knew what 'normal' felt like. Though I am certainly not bouncing off the walls, I no longer have to have a caffeine bump in the afternoons just to function normally like I used to! So, if that is "more energy", then I'll take it. :) No longer catch myself sleeping with my head resting on my palm at my desk in the afternoons!