Helpful Habits

Options
Hey everyone,
Unfortunately working out is not enough on its own to lose weight, a healthy diet is also necessary for significant weight loss. We all know what foods are healthier and better for weight loss (if you need ideas email me) but here’s a few ideas that should really help that I will be working on making a habit out of this month so they become a part of my routine in the future. Do all of them or pick your favorites and add more as you go!
Have a Goal, having a specific goal will give you something to work for and reaching that goal will help you feel proud of your accomplishments!
Drink water before eating (meals and snacks) it helps you feel full and satisfied by the meal.
Cut out pop, even diet pop can make weight loss harder.
Take pictures weekly, track your progress and feel good about yourself! Having high self-confidence will not only motivate you to keep working hard but help you appreciate your body and feel good about yourself before and after meeting your goal. My goal is to loss 10lb before October 31st and 20lb before January 1st.
Do not be idle for more than an hour at a time, take a 20 minute walk break to avoid getting sucked into wasting the day away in front of the tv/ computer.
5-6 small meals, Take green tea once a day, and eating slowly are all good ways to avoid feeling hungry and snacking between meals (PS I hate the taste of green tea, you can get it in pill form from any grocery store)
Eat as little sugar as possible, a hard one but important for shedding pounds
Minimize drinking alcohol
Sleep 8 hours
Be honest on calorie tracker, this is one I sometimes have a problem with, saying you have the right number at the end of the day isn’t nearly as important as actually meeting it!

Let me know what you think!

Replies