PB2 Protein Fluff!!

Options
I was determined to at least try to make a PB fluff. I know that the fats in regular PB would not allow it to fluff, so thought I'd give it a try with the powder. It worked! The taste is ok, you can tell it's PB flavor, but it's not overpowering. I made a small batch in case it didn't work, so I wasn't wasting to many ingredients. I think next time I'm going to try and double the PB!

1 scoop vanilla whey protein power
2 TBSP PB2
1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
2 egg whites
1/4 cup skim milk
1/4 cup artificial sweetener (or equiv)
4 crushed ice cubes

This fluffed up very nicely. I let it go for 15 mins in the kitchenaide.

Stats using my ingredients and for this entire bowl are -

228 cals, 19 carbs, 38 protein, 3 fat

PBProteinFluff-1.jpg

Replies

• Brunner26_2
    Options
    I've done this. It's tastes awesome. Try using about 150g of frozen banana instead of crushed ice to make PB&B fluff.
  • shelbyweeeee
    shelbyweeeee Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that suggestion!! YUMM-O! :))
  • krissagray
    krissagray Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish! LOVE PB2!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    champion idea! WIll try :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,099 Member
    Options
    I really have to get some PB2.
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    brilliant. I should get some PB2 as well..... I do love me some peanut butter...
  • rileysowner
    Options
    My problem is they don't sell it in Canada, so I would have to import it. Usually not a problem, but at times they kill you with duties and customs fees.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Can you get protein plus or byrd mill peanut flour? That is what I use for oats and sludges etc. and it's slightly better macros than pb2.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Can you get protein plus or byrd mill peanut flour? That is what I use for oats and sludges etc. and it's slightly better macros than pb2.

Not that I have ever seen. There are some things that simple are not sold in Canada. This may be one of them.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    you can order pb2 from canada, in fact its in ontario where you are from, as well as peanut flour

i usually get pb2 from bell plantation or ebay and they havent charged me duties, but get it from lowcarbcanada.ca especially since youre so close
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Thanks. I will have to check that out. As any Canadian knows when you order from over the border you take your chances on big extra charges.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    unsure exactly but I get it from netrition in the US.
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    bump