Thankful...

riouxt
riouxt Posts: 104 Member
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say that today is a day that I'm thanking my body. I'm thanking it for carrying me through 21.1 km in my race today despite my neglect in properly training and asking so much of it. I'm thankful for the wonderful community here on EMTWL and the great support I've received. Now, it's time to ask even more of my body, to start changing shape and building more muscle and allowing me to be the super fit mom that my kids can be proud of. I am going to use the scale as a tool only and not let it rule the way I feel about myself any longer. Free yourselves if the scale still rules your mood. It's time to be thankful for what our bodies have done for us and treat it with the same love and respect we would to any good friend. Maybe it's still the endorphins talking here, but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here who have been so supportive. :heart:

Replies

• wfte
    wfte Posts: 195 Member
    Congrats on completing your run and good luck for the next leg of your journey.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Congrats on finishing your race!

Well done. Keep going and I am sure your body will be thankful for eating properly
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    You have a Wonderful attitude!! Keep on keeping on and your body will thank you for that!!

A whole lot of us need to follow your thoughts on the scale...BE FREE!!! lol Good for you!! :flowerforyou:
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    Congrats on your race!! And great attitude! Every time I get up and don't feel like working out, I thank God that I CAN work out. I try to remember the frustration I feel when I'm sick, or injured and can't physically do things and that changes my whole attitude about my workout. :happy:

Keep up the great work!
  • riouxt
    riouxt Posts: 104 Member
    :heart: :flowerforyou:
    Endorphins are long gone and DOMS are raging, yet still feel the same. ^^^^ Thanks for the supportive responses. You guys are why this group is so dang awesome!!!!:drinker:
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Congrats on your Half!!!!! Way to go!
    And yes, you are right. We need to stop sometimes and remember just how far we have come.
    Congrats!
  • Wow, how much gratitude you are showing is amazing!!! I love it! I think every word of what you put in your post is correct and spot on. The scale shouldn’t define how we feel about ourselves or who we are as people. We are amazing fat or thin….but we want to be amazing for as long as possible so its time to get fit, strong and healthy!!! I’d love to be 140lbs and a UK size 10…means I can eat more food hehe!!! x