Sept 17 to Sept 23 challenge

Spiceanne
Spiceanne Posts: 88 Member
Just giving everyone a heads up of what the first weeks challenge will look like. Every week there will be a challenge that will get progressively harder, my goal is to help everyone get out of their comfort zone and to help them see changes.

There will be 5 exercise challenges to accomplish through the week on top of what you already do, you can accomplish them in any order you would like just as long as you accomplish all 5 of the challenges.
Challenge 1: Run 1 mile
Challenge 2: 4 rounds of 10 squats, 5 lunges, and 10 push ups
Challenge 3: Do a piece of cardio equipment you normally never do. I.e. if you normally bike, walk on the treadmill or use the elliptical
Challenge 4: Do 100 squats, 100 dips and 100 second plank. This one doesn't need to be done at one time but challenge yourself and attempt to do it at one time
Challenge 5: 50 burpees. Again this one doesn't need to be done at one time.

Along with the 5 exercise challenges there will 5 food related challenges:
Challenge 1: Drink 10 plus glasses of water
Challenge 2: Record every piece of food or liquid that you eat. It doesn't matter if it is one cracker record it all
Challenge 3: Only drink water one day, no coffee,no energy drinks, no pop, just water
Challenge 4: Try to eat under or as close to your calorie goal as possible
Challenge 5: Attempt to eat more than 110g of protein one day

Hope everyone enjoys this challenge and feel free to add each other as friends, to help motive and support each other.

Replies

• Innerautumn
    Innerautumn Posts: 120 Member
    I'm not sure I can complete "no coffee"! :drinker:
  • Just giving everyone a heads up of what the first weeks challenge will look like. Every week there will be a challenge that will get progressively harder, my goal is to help everyone get out of their comfort zone and to help them see changes.

There will be 5 exercise challenges to accomplish through the week on top of what you already do, you can accomplish them in any order you would like just as long as you accomplish all 5 of the challenges.
    Challenge 1: Run 1 mile
    Challenge 2: 4 rounds of 10 squats, 5 lunges, and 10 push ups
    Challenge 3: Do a piece of cardio equipment you normally never do. I.e. if you normally bike, walk on the treadmill or use the elliptical
    Challenge 4: Do 100 squats, 100 dips and 100 second plank. This one doesn't need to be done at one time but challenge yourself and attempt to do it at one time
    Challenge 5: 50 burpees. Again this one doesn't need to be done at one time.

due to my arthritis i can only do low impact exercise so i won't be able to do any of these challenges. :noway:
  • genene111
    genene111 Posts: 365 Member
    Thank you for setting up this group! I am excited to begin:)
  • vickiandrews
    vickiandrews Posts: 254 Member
    I second that one! I'm struggling if I don't have first coffee by 9.30 (and every one in the office tends to pay for it too!) Can we just ease ourselves in gently say go from four mugs a day to two?
  • pinkspanglystar
    pinkspanglystar Posts: 35 Member
    I agree with others!! I can do it all minus the no coffee thing!! Im like an alcoholic on detox without my coffee!!
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    What is a burpee?
  • This is a good example of a burpee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MGljX4bbps

I hope it helped ;-)
  • Spiceanne
    We can modify challenge 3 to limit the coffee to two cups max

And sarahkimpton what kind of arthritis do you have because all of these exercise besides the burpees which can be modified are lower impact, message me and we can figure out what you could be able to do for a challenge instead :)
  • This is effin' awesomeness!!

So stoked to begin...

Never though I'd be looking forward to a Monday, but next Monday CANNOT get here quick enough!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,803 Member
    Another way you could modify the coffee thing.... if you drink it with Cream and/or Sugar, Drink it black. Coffee can be good for you if you don't alter it with all the sweeteners and fat :wink:

Also... for those of you that are chompin' at the bit to get started, I just committed to another group that this week (today - Sunday) I will :

Burn 1500 Calories
    Drink 64 ounces of water
    Swim at least one day this week

Just a small committement but if anyone wants to join me in a little warm up exercise, feel free :bigsmile:
  • The food challenges: Are they to be completed every day of the week (minus the two that just say one day)?
    As in, 10 glasses of water every day and under calorie goal every day.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,427 Member
    110 grams of protein! Wow that's a lot - it will be interesting to see what my hunger level is like that day. Usually after weight lifting I'm pretty hungry the next day so I'll time this out and try an experiment along with the callenge - thanks!!
  • tallieterp
    tallieterp Posts: 257 Member
    While i am confident about all of these I am quite sure the running of one mile won't happen... I too have some knee issues (surgery this past april) and while I've gotten my mile down around 14:30 (very slow jog) I still walk parts... I will instead committ to pulling another minute off of my time...

and thanks for the change to the coffee requirement - the only reason i make it to lunch is because of my 9:30 coffee run!
  • We can modify challenge 3 to limit the coffee to two cups max

And sarahkimpton what kind of arthritis do you have because all of these exercise besides the burpees which can be modified are lower impact, message me and we can figure out what you could be able to do for a challenge instead :)

have messaged you spiceanne
  • Spiceanne
    thisisaimee91 - for the food challenges it will be one specific day you decide to drink above and beyond the 8 glass a day, same with the under the calorie goal, try to choose a day where you have to resist a temptation or a day you would normally go over your calorie goal

carlsoda- i find days that i eat a higher amount of protein i'm usually not as hungry in between meals. so tell me how it goes for you :)

Aprilstar480- that sounds like an awesome idea as well :)

tallieterp- sounds like a perfect modification to the challenge, even if you take 30 seconds of your mile you are one step closer to a faster mile :)
  • Looking forward to the challenge!!!
  • saybyebob
    saybyebob Posts: 39 Member
    I'm also looking forward to this. Now, I have to go back and find out what a second plank and burpee was!
  • saybyebob
    saybyebob Posts: 39 Member
    HA HA that's waay too funny! I read it wrong! It's a 100-seconds plank!
  • LovelySammi
    LovelySammi Posts: 20 Member
    I will have a hard time with some of those challenges but I WILL try even if I have to do the modified versions. I have never ran a mile before! I'm excited to try these.

The food ones should be easy for me, except for the not going over on calories on a tempting day... I'll have to see what I can do!

BTW: To all of you COFFEE lovers, what about 5 hour energy? Isn't that better anyway, since it's basically all nautral B+Vitamins & only a couple of cals?
  • clare_marie
    clare_marie Posts: 15 Member
    I can't promise that I'll succeed at all of these - but I'm going to give it a damn good go! Made a note of them all - and have added them to my diary - so here goes!

Change of plan - I've stuck the challenges on the fridge so I can see them and I'll enjoy crossing them off when I've completed a challenge! :-)