So nervous to start!

Options
I'm a "do-Jillian-Michaels_DVDs-in-the-morning-before-work" kinda girl, but I know that if I want to make serious changes to my body, I need to start lifting some serious weights. I'm in decent shape, but it's a soft shape. I want to cut through this last 20lbs of chub and build a tight, fit body.

I bought NROL4W a couple months ago and procrastinated. I finally activated a gym membership on Friday. I'm ready. I know exactly what I need to do, when, and why.

However, I'm scared to start. I don't know why, but I'm terrified to go into the weights area and just do it. I work in a male dominated industry, play some pretty intense sports, but can't seem to build up my courage to lift my way to an awesome body.

Any advice?

Replies

• chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Just do it! That's my advice. Oh, and concentrate on form. You're going to love lifting!
  • asidebottom
    Options
    Hiya,

I was soooo nervous the first time! I now go 3 times a week no problem so you can overcome it.

What I did was go through the routine at home and practice the moves without weights so that I had the form down. Got my husband to check I was doing it OK.

Then I went with my book and my IPod and just dived straight in. It was fine, I did get a few looks from the guys, not going to pretend I didn't but nothing that made me too uncomfortable. Took me a few sessions to relax now I say hi to some of the regulars and they accept me.

When I moved on to Stage 3 I asked one of the trainers to walk through the moves with me, you could try that.

Be brave, it's so worth it! :happy: