New Member!

uwdawg07
uwdawg07 Posts: 372 Member
Hi! New member here.

I've lost 93 pounds in the past 19 or so months. I'm within 5 pounds of my dream weight (115), but I know it's not all about the scale. I am much more muscular than I've ever been, and my stamina is through the roof - but I've still got some fat on me!

I've been eating about 1200 - 1300 calories a day for a year. I decided I'm tired of being hungry and feeling like I'm going to fall over. Six days a week I go for a 60-70 minute brisk walk, and six nights a week I do mixtures of weights/cardio/HIITs/etc. for 65-80 minutes.

I went to see a dietitian and she told me to eat more! Well...Duh! I knew that, but hearing her say it helped give me a reality check. I increased my calories this week to about 1600-1800. She wants me at 1500-1700. Since Wednesday I put on 3-4 pounds! I'm freaking out a bit, but I've read on here that the weight gain is temporary and should come back off. But how long does it take?

My mental state is not handling seeing an increase on the scale very well. I'm terrified. And I'm terrified that I'm terrified! I do not like worrying that much about weight, calories, etc.

Anyways, done with the rambling! Just wanted to introduce myself and get some support and words of wisdom.

Thank you!!

Replies

• chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 578 Member
    Hi and welcome to the group. Read the stickies. They have a lot of good information especially about what to expect. You will gain weight at first. Expect it. It's ok. Be sure to run your numbers and figure out your TDEE and BMR. You probably need to eat more than what the dietitian has you on. It sounds like you'll need to do a reset, too, because you've been starving your body for so long. Congrats on the weight loss! Now, it's time to get healthy!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Hi and Welcome!

Great, that you found your way to EM2WL.

I know it is scary, that you might be gaining some weight. But you will see, that it is worth it. You will be feeling stronger, quicker and more energized by fuelling your body properly.

I would also recommend a reset. You have been eating low calories for a long time. Your body will thank you.
    Be prepared that you might be gaining. The mental aspect of it is probably the hardest part of the game. I could not even imagine to eat double the amount of what I was used to. Now I am maintaining happily at 2600kcal/day and I would not want it any other way.

As pp said-read through the stickies, so you know what you can expect. If you need help, we are here.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Just wanted to give you a warm welcome to the group!!
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372 Member
    Thanks for the welcomes!! I know that mentally this is going to be so tough for me - so it's great to have found a support system.
  • s50s
    s50s Posts: 138 Member
    Hi and Welcome!

I know it is scary, that you might be gaining some weight. But you will see, that it is worth it. You will be feeling stronger, quicker and more energized by fuelling your body properly.

I would also recommend a reset. You have been eating low calories for a long time. Your body will thank you.
    Be prepared that you might be gaining. The mental aspect of it is probably the hardest part of the game. I could not even imagine to eat double the amount of what I was used to. Now I am maintaining happily at 2600kcal/day and I would not want it any other way.

As pp said-read through the stickies, so you know what you can expect. If you need help, we are here.
  • s50s
    s50s Posts: 138 Member
    Hi and Welcome!

What are sticki

What are stickies?
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Welcome to the group uwdawg07. Good luck on your new journey!!

s50s.... stickies are the red push pin topics on the Main page of the Group :)
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Welcome to the group! Don't be scared to gain. Put the scale away if you have to!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Welcome! This is a very honest and realistic place where you'll get all the support you need. If/when you take the plunge and increase your calories it wont be long before you wondered how you ever coped eating so little :)