Final Five Frustration

ksb221
ksb221 Posts: 9 Member
I am hoping this group can help me stay the course. I have been trying so hard to lose the last 5 pounds to my goal and it just doesn't seem to want to happen. I have eating more, eating less, mixing up the exercise routine, etc. I did just start to try to drink more water, and I have been pretty good for a week at drinking 60 oz. daily.....and my weight is now up 4.8 pounds. Is that typical? The hourly trips to the restroom are annoying, but I am really hoping this will help. Weekends are my downfall - cocktails and chocolate.... but I try to not deprive myself, but enjoy in moderation. Hope is not lost - just a bit challenged. Mondays always present a new week of opportunity. Hope everyone meets their goals today!

Replies

• I share your frustration! 5lbs to go for me also.... I know this won't be easy but believe it's a case of just keeping on with keeping on what you're doing. I've reduced my daily calories to 1000 and am trying to exercise as much as possible and eating mindfully.
  • ksb221
    ksb221 Posts: 9 Member
    Thanks so much for your reply. I think you are right that I just have to stay my course, but it has been over a year for these last 5 pounds, and I feel like I need to do something different. In the beginning of my weight loss plan, I kept a food diary, and that was VERY helpful. I am thinking I may go back to that to see if I have picked up some bad habits that I am just not recognizing on my own. Weekends are my downfall - when I want to go out for dinner or have a cocktail. Thanks for the support -
  • rositsky
    rositsky Posts: 25 Member
    I do think people under-estimate how hard it is to lose that last five pounds! Your body tries so hard to keep it on, for some reason. The key for me is to journal. When I do (even cocktails and bites of chocolate!), I almost always end up losing something. When I think I can do it without journaling, then the weight slowly creeps back on. I agree with you that you shouldn't deprive yourself, but when you write everything down, you see that you can have a glass or two of wine, if you just exercise a bit more, or have a super-healthy salad instead of something a bit heavier in calories.