Stage 1 results - frustrated!

3bambi3
3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
I've got 2 workouts left in stage one, and I'm frustrated. I haven't really seen any results at all, except weight gain. For the first 4 weeks of the program, I was following the calories listed in the book. Then I went down to the 'fat burning' calorie amount. I keep gaining weight. While I realize some of it is muscle, I haven't gained 8 pounds of muscle in 6 weeks. My clothes are noticeably tighter, but nothing else is. My measurements have gone up as well.

Since I started, I have gotten significantly stronger, but I am a bit disappointed as I've seen most of you have amazing results in stage 1. I'm sticking with the program, I just feel a little bummed out and frustrated that I've been following the program and haven't seen any improvement.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be more than happy to hear them.

Replies

• woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    I have finished the program once, and I had an overall gain of 2 pounds. I did not shrink in size and my jeans no longer fit.

I do however like my body much more than I did 6 months ago, I love the bulges and the hardness I have achieved at 6 months. I am no where near being fit, and I still consider myself fat however I really feel happier and better now than I did when I started.

Some people can make progress eating crackers and sitting around doing nothing, some people work hard and never see results.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    I've not lost weight during stage one I've gained a **** tonne of strength though and my body looks better. Don't sweat the scale.
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    I've got 2 workouts left in stage one, and I'm frustrated. I haven't really seen any results at all, except weight gain. For the first 4 weeks of the program, I was following the calories listed in the book. Then I went down to the 'fat burning' calorie amount. I keep gaining weight. While I realize some of it is muscle, I haven't gained 8 pounds of muscle in 6 weeks. My clothes are noticeably tighter, but nothing else is. My measurements have gone up as well.

Since I started, I have gotten significantly stronger, but I am a bit disappointed as I've seen most of you have amazing results in stage 1. I'm sticking with the program, I just feel a little bummed out and frustrated that I've been following the program and haven't seen any improvement.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be more than happy to hear them.

I too am almost done with stage 1. My overall measurements have NOT changed, but I am down a pants size and loving my body. I still weigh more than I should and I may have put on 2lbs of water weight. I am 100% sure that the water weight will be gone during my break before Stage 2. A lot of women will "woosh" during the break, so maybe you're one of them! If your strength has increased, that is a GREAT IMPROVEMENT. It absolutely counts as an amazing result. So stop beating yourself up and give your body a few weeks to catch up!
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Thanks for the input. I wouldn't mind the weight gain at all, if my body looked better. But it doesn't. It actually looks worse than when I started the program. I feel bloated all of the time and gross because all of the skinny clothes I bought a few months ago no longer fit.
  • melissaw1232
    melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
    Results will most likely come in stage 2 with the addittion of HIIT. interval training. I personally think that Alwyn does us a disservice by saying dont do cardio in the first stage. Stick with the program tho, and reasses after stage 2.
    I also didnt lose inches or lbs in stage 1 but I know im a heck of alot stronger!
    Good luck!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    I didn't follow the book's diet plan at all. Instead I used MFP the way it's designed to be used and it worked wonders.

1. Choose a reasonable calorie deficit (mine is set to lose 1.0 lb. per week).

2. Check your settings for accuracy, especially the lifestyle/activity setting. Do not include dedicated workouts in this setting; log those using the Exercise tab. Eat back all or most of the extra earned calories. For lifting sessions log your workouts under the Cardio section, choose "strength training" from the database, key in the minutes worked. For me, I do not include the general warm-up or cool-down/stretch. You'll be surprised at how low the calories burned are but that's what I used. I have a HRM but they're all completely inaccurate when it comes to weight lifting.

3. Use a digital food scale to weigh everything that goes into your mouth. If you don't, I guarantee you're eating A LOT more calories than you think.

Best of luck and stick with the workouts. The inches will soon melt away.