Too much Protein?? Lost and confused!!

Options
nunat919
nunat919 Posts: 122 Member
I am limiting my carb intake. I replace those calories with high protein diet. Now I am reading up on eating too much protein is bad for your diet. My question is what is the right about of protein? According to MFP I should be consuming 45 g of protein. Base on my weight I should be eating 75-88 g depending on which formula I use. I eat atleast 120 protein a day. Lost and confused!!!!

Replies

• Anniel88
    Anniel88 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what works best for you, your height, and your activity level. Generally speaking the more active you are, the more protein you will need to repair your muscle tissue. For me, I shoot to keep my carbs under 100 grams (20%), 30-35% protein or 109grams to 135 grams), and the rest good, healthy fats. There is a low carber forum that is very active and the people are very nice and helpful if you're looking for specific guidance while limiting your carbs. (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-group) Maybe try reposting your question over there? :flowerforyou:
  • nunat919
    nunat919 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Thank you