Quick Breakfast Ideas

Options
hbaby2
hbaby2 Posts: 34 Member
My husband is starting low carb this week. He has a long commute so making eggs, etc. in the am is a little unreasonable. Do you have any ideas for a quick low carb/no processsed food idea?

Hard boiled eggs? Anything else?

Replies

• ixchel78
    ixchel78 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    A protein powder shake w/almond milk and a scoop of ground flaxseed, or if he likes coffee look up bulletproof coffee (basically a latte like drink made with coffee, butter and coconut or mct oil -delicious-). My boyfriend has a long commute and uses both of these options for on-the-go quick breakfasts he can drink on the way to work. Both can be made with a quick whir of the blender.

Edit,I forgot to add - Don't forget Muffin in a minute (MIM). Check out the stickied thread at the top of this group for all sorts of ideas. I've tried the chocolate and love it, but there are endless varieties, blueberry, savory, etc. So it can be custom made for his taste. And it literally takes a minute to cook in the microwave.
  • Circapaleo
    Options
    I've seen recipes for these little egg things where you line a muffin cup with a piece of thinly sliced lunch meat, then fill it with eggs mixed with whatever...sausage, onions, peppers...then top with cheese. Bake them and then heat one or two up in the morning.
  • ander217
    Options
    Scotch eggs are great for a quick breakfast. Basically wrap a ground meat mixture around a boiled egg and roast or fry until the meat is done. Make several and keep in the 'fridge for reheating in the morning. I've seen recipes where they are rolled in crushed pork rinds or flax meal before cooking, and others simply omit the outer coating.
    Google for recipes on low-carb sites.

Cooked sausage patties are quick to reheat in the morning. I make patties of ground pork and add sage and red pepper, then cook up a pound at a time and store in the 'fridge. I serve them on a slice of low-carb flaxmeal bread with a slice of cheese melted on top, or skip the bread entirely. I also place a patty on top of a thick tomato slice and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and fresh basil, and microwave until the cheese melts for a quick morning "pizza".

We also eat non-traditional breakfast foods such as lettuce wraps of leftover chicken breast with melted cheese, sugar-free nitrate-free brats with peppers and onions, or length-wise halved and pan-fried nitrate-free hot dogs, with jicama hashbrowns. These can all be made the night before and reheated in the morning. We usually add a few grape tomatoes to the plate.
  • hbaby2
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to repy! I appreciate it!
  • hbaby2
    Options
    Another question.....how about a protein shake? We're specifically following the wheat belly idea but I know you are supposed to stay away from processed foods. Does a protein shake count?

Any recipes or brands that would be ok?
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    I've seen recipes for these little egg things where you line a muffin cup with a piece of thinly sliced lunch meat, then fill it with eggs mixed with whatever...sausage, onions, peppers...then top with cheese. Bake them and then heat one or two up in the morning.

Wow, that sounds awesome. I'm going to try that out.
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I find eggs pretty easy and quick in the morning. Not too long ago I purchased a microwaveable egg poacher. All you do is crack open the egg into it and nuke it for one minute. I personally put shredded mozz on it, but of course you can season however you wish.