what i do....

Options
chipper15173
chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
i get allot of messages asking what i do, and how i do it. so here is my brief plan....

diabetes is such a tricky thing. it's so different for everyone. i find the main thing to do is find a new way of eating that can lifetime and simple, easy, no thinking just do "diet." i can look at a plate and tell you how many carbs it is. i have my set number given to me by my nutritionist and that's what i use. i started weight watcher to go with my daughter. well, it turned out to be working great for me and i have just stayed. it's a pain counting points all the time, but, i have learned a vaulable lesson with food in the the past 9 months. one is don't change your diet if it working. i am one to listen to what people tell me. if i hear of a new "diet" i am on the internet searching about and changing mine to fit the "new." than i stop losing and end up depressed and mad. i found if what i am doing is working, don't listen to all the claims. i have learn to not eat for my stress. it's not going to help the situation. if anything it will make it worse. i will feel bad, i will be mad at myself. i have made the whole thing more upsetting and it's still there. it didn't help solve it at all. i have an addiction to food. so it's an everyday struggle for me. i also look at excuses of why i want something or can't go exercise. if i think about it, most of the time it's all excuses of why i didn't eat right or won't exercise.

i am at the gym at least 4 days a week. when i don't go to the gym, i started running. so i run outside if the weather is nice. i just started with a trainer. my DH said that since i have lost all this weight it might be time to start the toning process. which it is. i have just about 50 more pounds to go. exercise has become my drug of choice. i enjoy it so much. i quit smoking after 30+ yrs of over 2 packs a day. 5 yrs ago. so i have developed exercise as my choice now. i get allot of comments about it. but, to me i could be smoking and not in the shape i am in now.

i hope this gives some of you some encouragement. it can be done. it really isn't the end of the world. you are in control. so take it by the rains and tackle it head on. you are worth it to yourself and your loved ones. if you need to be strong for some one. you can't do it all until you take care of yourself. put yourself first. you really have too.

off to dress for a run outside, temps have cooled (60*) so it will a great run.....

Replies

• wcucats77
    Options
    Thanks for the details and it appears you are doing some significant changes which are most positive. Keep it up.