Anyone using Smoke Relief or other E-cigs?

Options
I have a Smoke Relief e-cig on order and should be delivered in a couple of days. I'm really quite excited about it :happy: Decided to give this a go after my husband came home from and told me about one of his colleagues who is using it and thinks it's amazing!

I really need to quit for health reasons (I have emphysema and Lupus) , not to mention the extortionate cost these days! Admittedly, my breathing has vastly improved having lost weight but I need to stop damaging my lungs further.

Has anyone got any experiences of this type of nicotine replacement, good or bad? Really interested to get feedback from real people using this, not just the reviews on the manufacturers website.

Thanks in advance
Sharon

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    My brother in law quit by using an e cig. He then weened himself off of that over the course of a month but still carried the e cig around for "security". After a month of carrying the e cig and not using it at all, he stopped carrying it and went 100% nicotine free.

I quit cold turkey but I was OK with separating myself from the physical act of smoking. I don't miss that, I missed the rush of nicotine! Whatever method you choose to quit, whether it is e cigs, patch, cold turkey, etc. is better than smoking cigs. Just remember at some point you will have to cut off the nicotine supply and go on your own one way or another.

Good luck- it definitely isn't easy but if you really want it, you can (and will) do it!!!
  • Squashypig
    Squashypig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you both for quitting! I have done it before but obviously started again. I've tried all sorts, patches, inhalators, tablets, but can't get away from that physical act of putting the cigarette to your lips and having a good draw. So I've got really high hopes for the e-cig. Thanks for the encouragement.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Nope! Quit cold turkey!
  • milk_shakes
    Options
    I have been vaping since May! I love it I have weaned my nicotine from the 30mg I was getting from cigarettes down to 8mg
    I originally bought one of those kits (looks like an actual cigarette in size and width, with cartridges) however they were not sufficient for me personally. My kit was expensive, the cartridges did not last as long as they were labeled to, and they leaked in my mouth.
    I sent my first kit back and i ordered a Joyetech Ego Twist battery and "clearomizers" which are clear, colored tanks with a mouthpiece and an "atomizer" which is what makes the vapor happen. And flavored nicotine liquid from Fuzionvapor.com
    I dont miss cigarettes at all with my system and I smell and feel better, and I love picking new flavors for my e-liquids. If you have any questions check out e-cigarette-forum.com
  • jllove871
    jllove871 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have used Vapor King in the past, and loved it. I am setting quit date for tomorrow and thats what I will be using!
  • Squashypig
    Squashypig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your experiences and suggestions! I've been at this a week now and I'm really pleased with it.

@jllove871 - good luck!