Girls!? What do you think??

Options
Okay so what can I do for 30 minutes that isn't jogging that will burn over 300 calories? I run every morning and its starting to get boring! Ideas that are indoors are preferred. Cardio ??

~ Mae♥

Replies

• kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    kick boxing burns calories like crazy and can be done any where in doors where you have enough room to kick. search "janis saffel" on youtube, she has some good ones that are an hour long and really intense. if i do the whole hour i burn close to 600 cals.

jump rope or running stadiums are other good ones. use the stairwell at a nearby apartment complex if you don't have a HS nearby.
  • aarilynn
    aarilynn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If I don't want to run, I'll create a circuit workout and do each exercise for 30 seconds or a min. I'll do things like jumping jacks, high knees, burpees, front kicks, squat jumps, and mountain climbers which all get my heart rate up, especially burpees and squat jumps.
  • tattedchic
    tattedchic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    ^agree with aarilynn- circuit training. I'm doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred now, which is circuit training. It's 25 min and burns a ton.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Start doing the 30 Day Shred :) It takes around 30 minutes to do a workout.. indoors along with Jillian Michaels. I always burn over 300 calories.. sometimes even 400. It just depends on how hard you push yourself. Give it your all!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I think it's whatever keeps your heart rate up! You can do HIIT on any cardio machine, if you keep your heart rate at 80% max for 30 mins, I can almost burn 300 cals (but it depends on your height and weight and Heart Rate). Still, suggestions of any cardio that keep your heart rate up will be your best options.
  • ickybubble
    ickybubble Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Check out this website (if you already haven't) it really has some great workouts that will be sure to get you sweating :)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/charliejames1975/videos