need a hold on my emotions

Options
Hi there,

Yesterday was my daughter's birthday and for the past 2 days I've been living off cake. i was doing so well and i just fall into this place of self pity. I think because even thou i try my best to forget yesterday was also my wedding anniversary and i always relive the pain of that relationship

Replies

• lessofmeeachweek
    lessofmeeachweek Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It is so hard to remember things like that and not want to eat whatever you think might comfort you. But, now is a good time to find something else that will help you feel better that doesn't involve food.
    Good luck in getting through this!
  • Yoshima
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are struggling. Do your best turn sooth that pain through without food. I totally understand that sometimes it just seems there is no way to control yourself. Hang in there, and good luck getting yourself out of this rut. You can do it! You are worth it!
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Well, if there is cake left toss it out. Then tomorrow when you start to grab the cake, go for a walk, put in an exercise dvd, jump on a treadmill. Get some endorphin's going through your body as that's going to make you feel tons better. And if that fails, jump on here.....there's always something to take your mind off of cake....
  • healthyhelen50
    healthyhelen50 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Emotional eating is hard and I totally hear you on this. I eat no matter what the emotion is :) I have also go to the point where I now draw a line in the sand and say - tomorrow is a new day and time to get back on track. It is just a speed bump and not off track forever. It is also worth trying to see what else you can do apart from eating - or find different foods that aren't too bad for you. Don't feel guilty - just start over again. Good luck - keep up the good work
  • roguestates
    Options
    1. toss out the cake. if you don't have it, you can't eat it.

2. find a physical way to deal with the pain. push-ups or a good, brisk walk works well for me. find something you like doing and get energy from it.

3. find an emotional means to address an emotional need. = talk to someone. whether it's a friend or a professional, you need support.

4. forget about the last couple of days. guilt is one of the most useless emotions. you've already eaten the cake. who cares? the next meal is always a clean slate :)

best of luck! it's difficult, but you can do it.
  • veletsheets222
    Options
    took ur advice and i gave the cake away, been sitting on the beach and thats been working for now