"Diet Break" Question

amberaz
amberaz Posts: 328 Member
I have been doing EM2WL for going on 6 weeks now, and I am wondering if I need to do a diet break. I usually have one day every week or week and a hal when I eat over my cut and sometimes up to my TDEE. Will that alone serve as a diet break, or should I give it a full week at or near TDEE. I have not lost much weight in the 6 weeks I have been at this, but my clothes are starting to fit again and I feel a lot more fit.

I am eating at 20% cut, I weight train 3 times per week, do a core workout twice per week and do intense cardio twice per week. I would like to lose about 3-4% BF to get down to 20%. In order to do that, I still need to lose 5-6 lbs of fat.

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Yes, you should take a diet break :)
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    I would just take full week of eating at TDEE and then reduce again. Maybe you want to eat a 10 or 15% cut being so close tu your goal. We do usually not recommend to cut more than 15%, simply to keep your metabolism up.
    Do the diet breaks every 4-6 weeks :)
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Thanks for the advice! I know I am cutting a little more than most people, but I really feel like I am stuffed and eating constantly at 15%. I felt sluggish, full, bloated and really just blah :sick: I ate at that level for 4 weeks, and after switching to the lower number 2 weeks ago, I feel much better. It's crazy what just around 150 calories difference will make in how we feel. I feel like I have found the right amount of calories for me, but that's why I am concerned about making sure to do the diet break every once in a while. I will probably just add a healthy smoothie to make up the extra calories that week.