Replies

• natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Bump for later reading
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Bookmark to read when I can cut and paste the you tube video (doesn't work on the iPad)
  • neilegni
    Options
    rtjlkat - I talked with Randy. He said that depending on what your wanting to do are the macros you should chose. He said if you wanted to lose fat, use the macros on the low end for Endomorph's. If you wanted to increase muscle mass, use the high end of the Mesomorph macros.

Where can one find this range of macros? (low end-high end)?

All of this is so interesting! How is the scale treating you? More importantly, how are your clothes fitting you?
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have a question about your calorie goal. What formula or online calculator did your trainer use to determine your calorie goal?
  • MrsSki38
    MrsSki38 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    neilegni/natini - I'll inquire with Randy tonight when I see him. I found the macros when googling endomorph's however can't find it now.

The scale for me, is all over the place. The lowest it ever got was 162.8 and I don't know if it was because the scale was moved on the floor or if it really was a true reading. The highest it's ever gotten since I started this a couple weeks ago was 167. I haven't 'taped' yet so I don't know if my measurements have changed.

As far as my clothes fitting....Instead of an XL, I'm more M/L. Pants and jeans are more 12's than 14's. My legs are more toned and not as jiggly either (helps that I've been trying to run as much as my schedule allows). I also am able to wear a pair of jeans I haven't been able to get on and buttoned in over 8 years (yes I kept them and another pair I bought 15 years ago. They are designer and were expensive!). I can't sit down very long in them because they dig in to much, but I can get them on.
  • rjlkat
    rjlkat Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    rtjlkat - I talked with Randy. He said that depending on what your wanting to do are the macros you should chose. He said if you wanted to lose fat, use the macros on the low end for Endomorph's. If you wanted to increase muscle mass, use the high end of the Mesomorph macros.

For reliable websites, Randy said he consults his ISSA textbooks from school mostly but mentioned that Livestrong is a really good site for information. He recommended to google Hiit for workouts, etc.

Thank you!!! And thank Randy for me, too. :happy: The thing is, I am trying to do both. I'm heavy lifting 3x/wk and running 2x/wk. I want a bit more muscle (partly to increase my metabolism, partly to reshape my body) and definitely want to get fat off. I'll definitely check on the high and low ends of the macros. The research I had done (Livestrong was one of those sites) led me to start using 35% for carbs for the past couple of weeks. I have managed to drop one pound, but nothing has moved since. Time for more research!

Thanks, again!
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Wow. Very interesting information. I'll have to do some research on endomorph macros. I loved this quote in the article you posted: "They say that genetics loads the pistol, but our environment fires the gun. We can’t control our genes, but we can certainly control how they are expressed."|