Running an experiment...

Options
Okay, so an idea popped into my head when this happened the other day. I weighed myself this week, and I was about the same as I was on Friday. My only thought was "UGH!!!! AM I EVER GOING TO GET THIS @$%&ING WEIGHT OFF!???", right? So I went full steam ahead and pulled a workout of dumbbells/calisthenics/yoga IN THAT ORDER, where I had a lot of calories to burn. I was waaaaay over my calorie limit for the day. Yesterday I weighed myself and I weighed in at 229.6 pounds. I pulled that workout trick again, over 300 calories, and today when I weighed in it was 228.4 pounds!!! So now it's got me thinking, if I do this everyday, and eat like this everyday, I'm bound to lose around 2 - 5 pounds a week, right? So it's an experiment I'm running. The whole workout takes about 50 - 55 minutes to do start to finish, strength training with dumbbells of 5 to 8 pounds each, then calisthenics, or to make it simpler for those who don't get the term, situps/pushups/etc., then the yoga comes last. It seems to be working so far, I've lost 3.4 pounds in 2 days already!!! So, anyone in on this with me? :wink:

Replies

• ellybellybalooba
    Options
    Hi

Are you doing this at a gym or at home? I aim to do 3 types of exercise a week, but often don't have the 'get up and go' feeling!

Cheers
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I do this at home, so it can be done at my own pace. There's only one yoga instructor in my city, and the class is almost full. Heat plays a major factor with my epilepsy, so at home I can do the yoga workout and have a fan on so I don't overheat. (My body temperature is a few degrees higher than average, apparently, don't know how that is.) How you choose to do it, DVD, class, or your own way is solely up to you. I've gotten some from video, some from magazines, and some online, which is how I built up my workout. Do yours how you like!!! :wink: