I started yesterday

Options
Hey guys,
I started Stage One yesterday and had an amazing workout. I love this program. I did have to do a bit of shenanigans to get the equipment worked out but here is how it went.

Squat: used a 35lb Kettle bell...for some reason the guy who runs the gym didn't want me to start out using the Olympic Bar??? LAME.
Pushup: did 45 degree ones with my BW
Seated Row: 100lbs! (I not only impressed myself but others. lol)
Step up: used a 20lb kettle bell in each hand and 12 inch step
Prone Jackknife: Honestly, I chickened out doing them at the gym (I weigh over 250lbs and felt like a panda playing so I bought a Swiss ball on the way home. :)

My husband also wanted me to do some bench presses so I did
Bench Press with Olympic bar for a total of 65lbs
Clean and Press with 35lbs.

So that's the first day of Stage One for me.

How did your's go?

Replies

• mswonderwoman78
    Options
    I need to go check this book out so I can inderstand what everyone is talking about
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Welcome! That's a great start - I'm currently in Stage 6, so my start was a long time ago.:wink: I'd encourage you to post this in the Stage 1 - part 5 thread. This is where everyone is posting who is currently in Stage 1. Good luck with the program!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/673760-stage-1

Also, feel free to join us the Daily Chat Thread. This one is for everyone, no matter what stage you're in.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/713087-daily-chat-thread
  • coolvstar650
    coolvstar650 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jennie04
  • patmat
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    I received my book late last week and started to read it. I started on stage 1 this week and wow! I am working the program and performing the exercises and warm ups. I have a way to go on the push ups and the body ball is somewhat of a challenge but I do like the program and having good results so far. I did make a few of the recommended recipes and they were quite tasty, even my husband enjoyed the meals.
    I have been strength training for a month but this is great. I like the format and the meal suggestions and recipes.