outside or inside on treadmill ?

Options
rogarr
rogarr Posts: 43 Member
which do y'all do your C25k on? For me personally I do it inside on a treadmill (at 5 am!) basically because its early and the track closest to me is at least 5 miles away. My neighborhood has monstrous hills and Im just not ready to tackle that beast just yet :tongue:

Replies

• Arlala555
    Arlala555 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I do it inside on a treadmill as well. I ran 2-5k's back in 2010 and without this program. I thought I was ready I could run 2-3 miles pretty well at that time. Boy was I wrong. I almost died at each 5k. This time around I am going to do this program and then find another 3 week program that I will attempt outside. I have a friend that teaches Personal Fitness and MMA training. His mantra is working out in the gym makes you pretty, working out outside makes you Fit in the real world. I am just not ready to tackle the real world just yet...lol
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I run outside right now, because I love outside and it is warm...once the time changes, though I will have to find another alternative on the weekdays, it will be too dark in the morning and the evenings...I have a gym near work that is $3.00 a day...that might get expensive, they don't have one that charges monthly but I will figure out something!! lol
  • supersmiles11
    supersmiles11 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do a mixture. I love jogging outside but sometimes running on a treadmill is easier when Im already at the gym.
  • RooMcDermott
    RooMcDermott Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing the majority of mine on the treadmill. My town is all hills and I am not ready to tackle those yet :)
  • seashman
    Options
    I always run outside. My gym is a mile or so from my dorm and it seems silly and counterproductive to go all the way out there just to get my run in...if I were to jog there and back I'd have finished well over 3/4 of the workout anyway!
  • TraeP
    TraeP Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I prefer outside, but if the weather is bad then it's the gym treadmill. but mostly outside
  • MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I run outside. I also do part on a wooded trail I use as a shortcut to the quiet road behind me. No one there to watch me flop around, and it's a lot safer for the dogs as well. If all goes as planed, I should finish by mid-October before the snow comes, but then I plan on finding a cheap treadmill to I can continue running during the winter as I've plans to, after the c25k, to do the 10k program (and then the 13.1, 26.2 lol).
  • MidgeN27
    MidgeN27 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I plan to run outside! The weather is beautiful ... Starting tomorrow if all goes well! Good luck everyone!