Your warm up

Options
The first two days I think Imgot a little overexcited to start nrol4w and accidentally skipped the warm up where you go through each exercise you are supposed to do an a lighter weight. Today I was very careful to do it, but I'm wondering if everyone does a set of all the warm up exercises at once or before each individual set.

Replies

• danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I incline walk on treadmill or use the elliptical for 10 minutes. I do some body weight squats and lunges. Then I do a low weight set of squats or deadlifts. Then I start.

I don't do the low weight set before each exercise.

After I do 10 minutes of stretching.
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm really bad at this. I walk/jog for 5 minutes and stretch for like 2. I should work on that.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I do the Jillian Micheals warm up from the 30 day shred.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I incline walk on treadmill or use the elliptical for 10 minutes. I do some body weight squats and lunges. Then I do a low weight set of squats or deadlifts. Then I start.

I don't do the low weight set before each exercise.

After I do 10 minutes of stretching.

Almost exactly this! Elliptical is 10-15 min and sometimes (most times) I do HIIT on bike or elliptical after.
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I'm quite bad at my warm ups but then the room I work out in at home is quite hot which helps :) my normal warm up is 3-5 mins stationary bike and a quick barbell complex with the empty bar
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I always do a few minutes of walking on the treadmill to heat it up.. roll out everything with smooth dynamic movements.. bodyweight squats and lunges.. and two warm up sets per exercise at... I dunno, I guess... 70ish percent of what my full sets are going to be at?
  • asidebottom
    Options
    I do 5 mins on the Eliptical then another 5 mins of dynamic stretching. Then I do the first exercise at 50% of the weight for one set.

I do a really good stretch out at the end of the workout and use the foam roller for a good 10 minutes.

I've not had any injury problems so far, touch wood!

Alison
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I usually do Jillian Micheals warm up and these are my burn numbers, a1- 100, b1-106 calories, a2-179calories, b2-120calories,
    a3-171calories No warm up for b3-101 calories. Even though the 3-4 minute warm up kicks my butt, I'm going to do it!
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I usually warm up on the treadmill -- 3 minutes walking, 5-12 minutes running, 3 minutes walking. Once in a while, I just do the elliptical for 5 minutes, if I'm pressed for time.

Before I do my initial set of weights, I do a quick set without the weights, just to stretch out, then a set with just the bar (deadlifts and squats only), and then move on to my normal weights. For things other than deads and squats, I do the set without weights, just putting my body through the motions, and then add weights.

I don't do the warm-up in the book.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I walk my dog for about 20-30 minutes~that makes me warm enough,
    but my weights aren't that heavy...yet
  • nannabannana
    Options
    I do 5 mins on elliptical and about 3 on treadmille, stretching between each rep. I did much better this am too:)
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I warm up on the elliptical or arc trainer so that my upper body is involved as well as my legs. I do anywhere from 5-10 minutes depending on my mood. Then I stretch and stretch and stretch until I no longer feel tightness in any of my muscles - this can take 10 minutes or more. For the front-squat push press, I always do a 1/2 set with an empty bar, to get my coordination down. For everything else, I just get started.