Podcast That Supports the EM2WL Philosophy

rmk20togo
rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
I just heard an interesting podcast that went right along with EM2WL. The podcast is called Cut The Fat and it's done by a nutritional pharmacist and a trainer.

http://cutthefatpodcast.com/1341/fat-loss-podcasts/episode-52-the-5-saboteurs-of-weight-loss

I didn't note all of the information they gave, just stuff applied to me, as follows :

* Dehydration. Trainer recommended 1oz/# body weight, up to about 140oz. This is especially important to me because I sweat so badly at the gym 6x/week that I have to mop the floor when I'm done and I maybe get down 64 oz a day. Sometimes increasing water is all that’s needed to start fat loss.

* Scale. Sodium “is the great frustrator” and has a ton (pun intended) of influence on scale weight. The scale doesn’t reflect fat loss - muscle gain.

* Timing of food around exercise program. Example given is a real client who works out hard and almost every day, has about 15# to lose, eats clean and eats the right number of calories, but can’t lose. THAT’S ME!!! Answer = add 25g carbs 30 minutes before workouts. She said her client started dropping fat within days of adding the carb/protein smoothie before her workout. I workout at 6AM, 12 hours after my last meal........duh.

* Overtraining/under eating. Number 1 reason people get stuck. Her example is a 170# female who exercises every day (THAT’S ME AGAIN) and is stuck. Suggestion is to add 50 calories more until you see weight loss. Eat BMR + exercise calories and let the calories burned in daily activity take care of the deficit. You can decrease the likelihood of overtraining by not under eating.

Lots of other interesting stuff.

They even gave a shout out to MFP.:love::love:

Replies