Finished Stage 1

Hey girls :) I've never started a post here but I've replied here and there *waves*

I read this forum for a while before I started the programme and I'm so pleased I did, I've totally found a love of lifting.

so I see it's kinda tradition to do your weights ...

Squats - started at BW and finished at 55kg (121lbs)
Push Ups - on knees but form and strength has improved tonnes
Seated Row - started at 18kg (39lbs) and finished at 40kg (88lbs)
Step Ups - over 90 degrees started with BW and finished at 10kg (22lbs) dumbells
Prone Jacknife - I'm told good form and nice *kitten* by the gym man!

Deadlifts - started at 10kg (22lbs) and finished at 50kg (110 lbs)
Barbell lifts - started at 6kg (13lbs) and finished with 10kg (22lbs)
Lat Pulldown - Started at 18 kg (39lbs) and finished at 40kg (88lbs)
Lunges - Started at BW and now at 25kg (55lbs)
Ball crunches - Started with BW and finished at around 15kg (33lbs)

So that's me, I feel happy with the progress I made. My body weight is 230lbs and not masses of that is muscle so I'm pretty pleased, plus I've got other girls in to lifting :)

I've posted some progress pics on my blog if anyone is interested .... http://weightwars.co.uk/2012/09/end-of-stage-one-nrolfw/

Replies

• holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Great job! I'll be finishing up Stage 1 tomorrow! The blog looks great. May I ask if you took beginning and ending measurements?
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Wow, that is awesome! Glad you posted as Swiss ball crunch is way too easy and I didn't know we were supposed to be adding weight! Would also love to see pic!
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Awesome progress and LOL at the form and *kitten* comment... those men... :laugh:
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Niiiiice! Loved the blog. :)
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Great job! I'll be finishing up Stage 1 tomorrow! The blog looks great. May I ask if you took beginning and ending measurements?

I didn't and I really regret it
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    I'm the only girl at my small gym who lifts and Im a friendly sort so men say hi lol good jOb my man trusts me cause he's a lot smaller than these guys and wouldn't come off well in an argument lol

My confidence has grown massively too which is great

Thanks for the compliments :)
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 574 Member
    Impressive strength gains! Good job!
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Wow, that is awesome! Glad you posted as Swiss ball crunch is way too easy and I didn't know we were supposed to be adding weight! Would also love to see pic!

ditto - I was wondering if I was doing something wrong as they seemed so easy (and I don't have good core muscles!).

Should we just hold a dumbell across our chest?
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member

ditto - I was wondering if I was doing something wrong as they seemed so easy (and I don't have good core muscles!).

Should we just hold a dumbell across our chest?

You can hold a weight on your chest, or if that is too easy, I find that holding your arms over your head (check that variation in the book) to be challenging. I also held a medicine ball out from my arms as well.
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 574 Member
    I hold a 15 pound weight plate behind my head. I could probably do 25, but my 25 lb. plates are on my bar.
  • melissaw1232
    melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
    Great strength gains and I love your commentary on your blog.
    Funny!
  • knb2000
    knb2000 Posts: 29 Member
    Inspirational. I sent you a friend request because I love your blog and am reading and reading to be able to begin this program soon.
  • sophie288
    sophie288 Posts: 12 Member
    I'm sending you a friend request .. would love to watch you go through - I plan to start in October after the Philly SGK 3-Day. I have been doing some weight training, but just worried about starting something like this so close to the 3-Day event and risk any injuries after working so hard to get there. I need friends on here too!