Should I eat extra if I'm under my weekly calorie goal?

Options
Hi everyone,
So I'm at the end of my 4th week of a 15-20% cut after doing 7 weeks of reset, and I've been losing both pounds and inches at a pretty steady rate.
This week, however, I've had a few days when I've been about 200 calories under my goal, simply because I've been busy and haven't had time to get myself a proper afternoon snack or something. So now, even if I eat right up to my calorie goal of 1800 per day today and tomorrow, I'll still be a few hundred calories under my weekly goal. Should I eat extra calories today and tomorrow so I hit my weekly goal? Or is that bad to do? I'm just worried about not eating enough and plateauing AGAIN because of it.
Wait- one thing to take into consideration- even though I've been under my calorie goal quite a few days of this week, I actually haven't eaten the HEALTHIEST foods all the time... it was a friend's birthday, so I had some cake and stuff like that one day, yesterday I had pizza for dinner... ugh... so I do kinda feel bad about eating extra after a week of quite a lot of crap :/
Also, another question on that note- if I'm hitting my calorie goal, even though I'm eating some crappy foods here and there, is it still possible to lose weight?

Replies

• chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I would, but I tend to eat that way regularly. I'm usually a 100 or so under 2 or 3 days a week and go over a bit on the weekend. I don't really do it on purpose, but it works out.

As far as the not so great eating, try not to make it a habit and work on hitting macros, but a treat or a bad week now and then won't sabotage your weight loss.
  • wa_tracy
    wa_tracy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    First of all...a calorie is a calorie. It might not be the healthiest, but I've stopped giving myself grief if I have pizza...like I did last night. I just plan for it and know it fits within my calories. I personally would eat more for the week to get your calories up. Going under could cause your metabolism to slow down. And remember, it takes 3,500 OVER what you need to maintain to gain 1 pound. So don't worry if you go over a couple hundred calories one day. Perspective ;)
  • HealthyEllie98
    Options
    Thank you both, that helped :) I did go a few hundred calories over on the weekend just to reach my weekly goal. But I've been better this week, so I don't need to do any overeating this weekend.