Would it be okay if I ate nothing but Atkins Chocolate bars

Options
I love the little 140-160 calorie Atkins Chocolate bars, the Chocolate Coconut one is the best and the chocolate crisp one and those are the only ones that the local Waitrose sell.

Would it be okay if I ate nothing but those? Because I most certainly could!!!!!!!!!!

Ok that's all I just wanted to say how great they were. Anyone know what I mean?

Replies

• Lynne120
    Options
    The bars are great for emergencies, treats and once in a while meal substitutions. There is no REAL food in those things. They also tend to increase carb-cravings.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    OK with who? I'm sure the people who sell them would love you but really, IT IS A SNACK FOOD.

Even if you lose 17kg eating snack food what do you do then? Would you keep on living on Atkins candy for the rest of your life?

Please, use your weight loss time to learn how to eat real food.
  • praxisproject
    praxisproject Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Nope, you'd likely get scurvy or any other number of nutrition deficit problems. Must eat real food :) however it doesn't mean you can't still have them as a snack.
  • perkylovemuffin
    perkylovemuffin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    laxative effect
  • glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Too funny- I love them too but like the last person said- laxative effect. One day I overdosed and ate a whole bag of those Russell Stover no sugar added candies because they tasted so good. I spent the rest of the day on the can- it was worse then when I brushed my teeth with the water in Dominican Republic!!
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them. I don't subscribe to the "net carb" theory.
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them much. I buy a box for ER situations (for example, kiddo birthday party. Everyone had cake, I had a bar; no temptation) and a box will last me months.

I find if I eat them too much all those sugar cravings start to come back.
  • LaJaunaF
    LaJaunaF Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I love the little 140-160 calorie Atkins Chocolate bars, the Chocolate Coconut one is the best and the chocolate crisp one and those are the only ones that the local Waitrose sell.

Would it be okay if I ate nothing but those? Because I most certainly could!!!!!!!!!!

Ok that's all I just wanted to say how great they were. Anyone know what I mean?

No, it is not alright. Now go into your kitchen and cook some meat with a side of bacon and throw the damn Coconut bars away. lol
  • hayleykateldn
    Options
    Hehe - I too spent some time getting 'Atkins bars' from Waitrose and I was thankful for the coconut one! At least for the first week of my diet since it made me feel like I was having a treat (but was still dreaming of dunking several chocolate biscuits in my afternoon tea)

After removing them from my daily diet, my sugar cravings have completely lapsed.. If I'm truly honest, all of the Atkins products taste fake, but some just taste less fake than others! After eating them I definitely didn't get the same satisfaction as I did from a Mars bar, in fact they have a pretty yucky after taste.

I can't imagine they're a very good aid to the diet, you're much better focussing on making & enjoying delicious low carb meals.

Lemon, pumpkin & goji berry flaxseed muffins get me through my mornings, a big salad with lots of meat/fish & mayo/lowcarb dressing gets me through my lunches & a choice of meat & veg & indulgent cheesy cauliflower mash gets be through my evenings.

If you're having satisfying meals, you shouldn't feel the need to reach for an atkins bar!

P.S I initially replaced my daily atkins bar with two tablespoons of double cream & 4 frozen blueberries whizzed up with half a tsp of splenda, tasted like a very small fruity dessert

(blueberries aren't allowed until OWL, but I figured they have got to be better than those fake bars)

Good luck