4 months in and it's all clicking!

wa_tracy
wa_tracy Posts: 110 Member
I'm about 4 months into EM2WL and I feel like all the stars are aligning and I'm seeing how holding steady with this program is paying off even more. I just hit a huge milestone for me, which is 10 pounds lost, which is an average of about 2.5 pounds a month. And you know what, it took me 4 months to get there, but I'm so much happier on this slow and steady pace. I don't dread tracking calories b/c I'm not so restrictive. I get to eat and fuel my body correctly, eating healthy about 95% of the time....You've got to treat yourself every once in a while and treats for me these days are still on the healthier side like greek frozen yogurt. I know that this is a lifestyle I can maintain for the rest of my life, and knowing that on days when I'm too busy to track, I've taught not only my body, but my mind, good choices to make.

And the kicker....I've been dealing with an injured foot and for a week and a half now, I haven't been able to work out much, and I've lowered my weekly exercise to 1-3 hours a week doing less cardio and more strength like exercises. And you know what, sticking the the plan on such little exercise time still works as I continue to lose.

I have to say, for those of you newbies out there reading this, that a big light bulb moment for me was to make sure to go back after 4-6 weeks on a cut to eat at TDEE. I was stalling for a month, went back to TDEE for a week, and then began losing again. I'm back to TDEE this week and I'm looking forward to it. I am no longer afraid of food. It's OK to not lose weight. After all, as we know around these parts, the scale does like to trip up your mind ;)

I just wanted to share this here because I remember when I began, I was extremely frustrated s the results don't happen over night. But sticking to this plan will pay off in the long run. I can't wait to see what the next 4 months does for me...and I hope to be back to running soon.

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    I just love to read stories like yours.

It will help all the people who are doubting, if this will work. It takes time, yes, but at the end EVERYBODY can make it work. Just give it time and trust the process. The weight gain was not within a few weeks either, so give your body time to trust you again.

Keep up the great work :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    So great to hear about your progress and helping all of us realize that this does take some time but with CONSISTENCY and PATIENCE it will work!!! Slow and steady wins the race right? And you are doing Fantastic!!! :flowerforyou:
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    It's so great to read that this process is working for you. I agree - slow and steady is great.

Enjoy your week at TDEE :) What do you cut from that?
  • wa_tracy
    wa_tracy Posts: 110 Member
    It's so great to read that this process is working for you. I agree - slow and steady is great.

Enjoy your week at TDEE :) What do you cut from that?

I do a 15% cut. For two weeks I tried a 20% cut, but nothing happened. My body wasn't happy, so I went back to 15%.
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

I struggled so much in the beginning and thought I was the 'exception' that didn't fit the EM2WL mold. It turns out that I just needed to be patient.

I started this journey in May and only in August did my body finally adjust. Now I'm steadily losing and staying nice and full in the process. This definitely isn't an overnight type of change....it takes a while. But, to all you newbies out there that wanna quit....DON'T! It takes time (months...not weeks), but you won't regret it!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Love, love, LOVE reading stories like yours!!! Slow and steady wins the race!!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Glad you posted this. I'm just starting EM2WL after months of eating at 1200+exercise cals and ruining all my efforts with binges on the weekend. I'm hoping that by eating more I will be stronger and be able to resist the urge to binge. Only been doing this for 2 days but already feeling more alert at work, and didn't have the same cravings last night to eat sweets like I normally do! yay!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Excellent, quality weight-loss!! Yeah, way to encourage me today:) Congratulations on your persistence and I wish Kirsti Alley would find this site!!

denise:drinker: :drinker: