Anyone interested in a weight lifting challenge?

Options
sed1217
sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
Hi guys, I'm trying to break away from the constant cardio and dedicate some time each week to doing weightlifting at the gym. Anyone interested in creating some sort of challenge with me? I was just thinking of maybe minutes of weightlifting at first, like adding 15 min to the end of workouts 3x per week or something. Starting slow! It would be great to have some support - I'm not much for weightlifting and it's starting to affect me negatively :-(

Replies

• RocksFlower
    RocksFlower Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I would love to start a challenge with you! I like your idea of 15 min 3x/wk. I just lifted weights yesterday and forgot how good I feel afterwards. I am sore yes, but I feel like I worked hard and I like that feeling. Since today is Monday do you want to start this week?
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    That would be great - I'll start tomorrow when I go to the gym. Thanks for signing up for the challenge. I'm looking forward to getting stronger!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I need this as well..I have access to DVD's at home and on netflix and just never feel up for doing them. I'll try and do something with Jillian today..
  • Yoshima
    Options
    Weight training is such a great idea! It is important to stop muscle loss when losing weight. My gym workouts always start out with weights, then I do my cardio. I think I'll hold off on joining the challenge since it's part of my regular routine, but wanted to say "Great idea!"
  • RocksFlower
    RocksFlower Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    OOMMGG!!! My arms are SO sore!!! Mostly my triceps, but still, very sore. I lifted light so I don't think I over did it, I just haven't lifted in a long time so my body needs to get use to it. How is everyone else doing with the challenge?
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I have put in about 2 hours worth this week in 3 days. :happy: