Help! Sprained my ankle, what can I do?

3bambi3
3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
So I'm pretty sure I sprained my ankle the other day doing my squats. I got distracted, wasn't paying attention to my form and rolled my ankle to the side. It's been a week and it still hurts. I was going to use this week as my rest week, but since my ankle is still hurting me, I don't think it's smart to start squats, deadlifts, or any other exercise that will put pressure on my ankle.

My question is, what should I be doing at the gym? Should I just focus on my arms and start NROLFW again once my ankle is better? Should I do the arm exercised from the program and just skip the leg exercises? I really want to get back to the gym!

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Do exercises that work your arms, chest, back and core. Restart NROL4W once your ankle is healed.
  • I did the exact same thing doing bootcamp and my NROL4W is on hold for this week.
    I went to the dr, and he said sprains take ages to heal as its a ligament that has been injured.
    He advised wearing an ankle guard and taking anti-inflammatories (taking them sparingly ).
    I will restart NROL next week, while wearing my guard, AND paying attention to the slightest tweak.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    I swear I hurt myself somehow every other workout or so. I pulled a muscle on the top/front of my thigh today doing lunges. Wtf, it was the very last workout before AMRAP, so it's not like I don't know how to do them, I hadn't even gone up in weight this session. I feel like I really don't know what I'm doing sometimes. Good luck with your ankle.