new to clean eating

Options
horneh
horneh Posts: 2 Member
Hi!
so i have a basic understanding of clean eating but have never actually made a serious effort to adopt it. i was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to get started, like what foods to introduce into my diet first or even what foods i should try to lean towards? I would love to get started and hopefully feel better about my body and have more energy!

Replies

• skinnyminnie_
    skinnyminnie_ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    me too! (:
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Basics from Clean eating Magazine:
    Eat 5-6 times a day
    Drink at least 2 liters of water a day
    Last meal 3 hours before bed
    Limit the ingredients of foods to no more than 5, ideally 1-2. If you can't pronounce the ingredient, pass.
    Avoid processed & refined foods (stick to whole wheat)
    Steer clear of anything high in saturated fat, trans fat or anything fried or high in sugar
  • DreamChaser22
    DreamChaser22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to really learn how to eat clean! I really need more energy. I am a teacher and it is so hard to get up in the morning! Has anyone seen results from clean eating? Does anyone have a meal plan to suggest?

Thanks for your help,

Dreamchaser22 :)
  • jac1967123
    jac1967123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Eat things as close to how they should be in there natural state so nothing processed or tampered with :-)
  • LikesVeges
    LikesVeges Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    People on this site have referred me to Tosca Reno's books. I just checked out two from the library and I really like them. Good basic help.... lots of good advice. (Exercising, too).

Reading Jillian Michael's, "Mastering Your Metabolism." She doesn't call it "clean eating," but essentially it is and lots of other good hints, as well.
  • RMLMoore
    RMLMoore Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Clean EatIng Magazine has great recipes that are family friendly and each edition contains a meal plan and shopping list. They also have a good website with meal plans. http://cleaneatingmag.com/Meal-Planning/Meal-Plans.aspx