Week 6 of C25K

Options
<==== Starting Week 6 this week... I'm here everyday.. send me a request even if you aren't on the same week.. need more pals doing the same program so when I get stuck like I did on Week 5 for 3 whole weeks.. I can get some advice instead of gong crazy trying to figure out what is wrong with me!!! LOL

Replies

• jella74
    jella74 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck on W5D2 for about 3 weeks!!! I'm not mentally ready for D3! ;( I may just bite the bullet and do it!
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Jella.. I had to slow my pace down to be able to complete Week5... I run inside on the treadmill and had been running 6.0mph... alot of my MFP friends suggested slowing down that speed would come later.. so I dropped to 5.0mph and SUCCESS!!! I was sooo proud of myself... I was push too hard too soon. So now I'm only running 5.0mph for the remainder of the program.
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    5.0mph ??? Sheeesh.... that is fast compared to me. My top speed is about 4.5 and I struggle to keep it up. I am striving for distance, speed will come later when the zombie is chasing me.
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck on W5D2 for about 3 weeks!!! I'm not mentally ready for D3! ;( I may just bite the bullet and do it!

I will be doing the same. Gotta work up to day 3.
  • jella74
    jella74 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    5.0mph ??? Sheeesh.... that is fast compared to me. My top speed is about 4.5 and I struggle to keep it up. I am striving for distance, speed will come later when the zombie is chasing me.

My top speed is 4.5 also! lol
    It's like running in soup down here in the New Orleans area! So I really think the temp and humidity is why I'm slow! lol
  • girlvsplanet
    girlvsplanet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies... I am starting on week 7 this week, and I feel your pain! Week 5 Day 3 is probably the most intimidating of all of them. But it's best to just do it! Also, don't try to go fast. C25K is not about being fast, but about running for long periods at a time. Speed will come later. Today was my first day of not making it... I was supposed to go 25 minutes and I only made it 19, but I know I will try again tomorrow. I know my body is capable of it, just a matter of making my mind realize that too.