Options

Replies

• mjma93
    Options
    count me in!
  • JenniferEM2012
    JenniferEM2012 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I already went over everything today for food. However, I did do good for the work out. The last two days have been horrible for eating but besides that I have been good. For having to lose 500 cal a day, today I lost 623 calories. For my workout I ran 2 miles on the treadmill in 30 min then did 42 min on the elliptical, that was it cardio. I then did 150 crunches and 50 Sumo squats.
  • re_freshME
    Options
    @ Jennifer, great exercises you did there. Keep it up!
  • re_freshME
    Options
    @ Jennifer, great exercises you did there. Keep it up!
  • katsparks1
    katsparks1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This will be a great way for me to kick off my first week in MFP. Thanks!
  • BookterAE12
    BookterAE12 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in!!! Just finished a 5K "Hot mess mud run" Saturday, so this is right up my alley. The mud run was a 5K run/ obsticle course built by the marines.

Planning to continue running (every other day), kickboxing, walking the dog (daily), zumba, and just keep moving!!!
  • chelw727
    chelw727 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I've been doing 30DS and just finished level 1 day 8 today. This is a great challenge to motivate me to get that extra calorie burn in!! Thanks and good luck to all!
  • GIAngel222
    GIAngel222 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I burned 598 yesterday, 2,902 calories to burn till Sunday. I was over my sugar and under everything else. I am going to try and fix that though!
  • maleva720
    maleva720 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    thanks for the invite...this will help motivate me to exercise when I cant find the time/energy....go us!
  • Kal_n_130
    Kal_n_130 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Woo wooo burned 386 yesterday and 421 today!!! 2693 left to gooo :)) Tomorrow i have off of work and im going to a Cross fit class and doing C25K-W3D2
  • paprs
    paprs Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great challenge! My biggest struggle will be with sugar. I don't even have much of a sweet tooth, and yet I exceed my sugar macros nearly every day.

Looking forward to burning 3,500 calories this week though!!! I'm hoping to hit around 800 or so tonight... I have a free personal training session.

GO TEAM!
  • ShawnaP22
    Options
    Well since I'm joining today and not yesterday, I guess this is a Tuesday challenge for me. I'm all in for the challenge, but I am going to a MLB baseball game on Saturday that I know I will go over calories on (I'm a beer girl!). I have amazing seats right by 1st base, and I am going to fully enjoy myself. So I will make this a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday challenge! =)
  • GIAngel222
    Options
    Well since I'm joining today and not yesterday, I guess this is a Tuesday challenge for me. I'm all in for the challenge, but I am going to a MLB baseball game on Saturday that I know I will go over calories on (I'm a beer girl!). I have amazing seats right by 1st base, and I am going to fully enjoy myself. So I will make this a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday challenge! =)

I think you will still be able to succeed with going to the game even though you are a beer girl. The challenge is for the week and not for each day. So even though you are claiming now that you are going to go over you may not with the weekly amounts. Here is an example: I am allowed 34g of carbs per week since my diet is 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fat. This means I am allowed (34x7) 238g of carbs per week. If I have 25g of carbs from Monday to Friday, that is 125g of carbs (25 x 5), leaves me with 113g left for Saturday and Sunday. This may not be what everyone else would agree with but it is how I do it.
    For me, I have always based my diet on a weekly diet and not a daily one. By monitoring my diet daily, I would not be able to have those "extras" that I enjoy, here and there.
  • jllove871
    jllove871 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm game, kind of nervous what end of week ststs will tell:noway:
  • kmorris21
    kmorris21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    kmorris21 burned 866 calories doing 54 minutes of cardio exercises, including "Elliptical Trainer" yesterday, I went over my sugar though...

Today I have burned 674 calories doing 50 minutes of cardio exercises, including "Stationary bike, vigorous effort (bicycling, cycling, biking)"

1540/3500 done!!!
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    2 questions:

1: I don't track sugar, so can I substitute sodium instead?
    2: I don't typically do cardio, but lift weights 5x/wk. Lifting burns less immediate calories, so how do I make this challenge work?

Or am I SOL and just have to wait for the next challenge? :cry:
  • GIAngel222
    Options
    2 questions:

2: I don't typically do cardio, but lift weights 5x/wk. Lifting burns less immediate calories, so how do I make this challenge work?

HAHA...SOL! Well...I know you were walking, are you still doing that?
  • GIAngel222
    Options
    kmorris21 burned 866 calories doing 54 minutes of cardio exercises, including "Elliptical Trainer" yesterday, I went over my sugar though...

Today I have burned 674 calories doing 50 minutes of cardio exercises, including "Stationary bike, vigorous effort (bicycling, cycling, biking)"

1540/3500 done!!!

WTG! Nice going!!
    Even though you went over on your sugar, like I did as well, try to base your sugar intake for the entire week's allotment. Lessen the sugar intake for the rest of the week? Can you try it that way?
  • Fani2003
    Fani2003 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Ugh. You are making me work too hard. I only watch my cals EVER. Ok. Ok. I can do this. My fiber will always be high though.
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    2 questions:

HAHA...SOL! Well...I know you were walking, are you still doing that?

I walked when I was away because the weather in CO was beautiful in the mornings and evenings and my gym was nowhere nearby. I don't even think they have a location in CO. I lift weights exclusively now that I am back at home because:

A) I hate cardio
    B) I live in AZ, so it's HOTHOTHOT to do anything outside, which I prefer over anything indoors
    C) I don't have 3hrs/dy to dedicate to walking (wish I did because it's the only form of cardio I actually like)