9/17/12 Challenge

Options

Replies

• GIAngel222
    GIAngel222 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Ugh. You are making me work too hard. I only watch my cals EVER. Ok. Ok. I can do this. My fiber will always be high though.
    It is the bad things that you can't go over. Fiber is okay :)
  • GIAngel222
    Options
    2 questions:

1: I don't track sugar, so can I substitute sodium instead?
    2: I don't typically do cardio, but lift weights 5x/wk. Lifting burns less immediate calories, so how do I make this challenge work?

Or am I SOL and just have to wait for the next challenge? :cry:

HAHA...SOL! Well...I know you were walking, are you still doing that?

I walked when I was away because the weather in CO was beautiful in the mornings and evenings and my gym was nowhere nearby. I don't even think they have a location in CO. I lift weights exclusively now that I am back at home because:

A) I hate cardio
    B) I live in AZ, so it's HOTHOTHOT to do anything outside, which I prefer over anything indoors
    C) I don't have 3hrs/dy to dedicate to walking (wish I did because it's the only form of cardio I actually like)

Then you are SOL! LMAO. Wait until next Monday's challenge. It will be a new one every Monday!
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    2 questions:

1: I don't track sugar, so can I substitute sodium instead?
    2: I don't typically do cardio, but lift weights 5x/wk. Lifting burns less immediate calories, so how do I make this challenge work?

Or am I SOL and just have to wait for the next challenge? :cry:

HAHA...SOL! Well...I know you were walking, are you still doing that?

I walked when I was away because the weather in CO was beautiful in the mornings and evenings and my gym was nowhere nearby. I don't even think they have a location in CO. I lift weights exclusively now that I am back at home because:

A) I hate cardio
    B) I live in AZ, so it's HOTHOTHOT to do anything outside, which I prefer over anything indoors
    C) I don't have 3hrs/dy to dedicate to walking (wish I did because it's the only form of cardio I actually like)

Then you are SOL! LMAO. Wait until next Monday's challenge. It will be a new one every Monday!

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :grumble: :grumble: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • katsparks1
    katsparks1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Monday I burned 582 calories walking at lunchtime, again after work, then the elliptical after dinner and played Wii Tennis last night. Today I burned 640 at the Y for an hour Zumba workout. That was my first time in a Zumba class. I probably wouldn't have gone if it hadn't been for this challenge. I had a great time so thanks for the push. I stayed under on my food except for sugars. Totally bombed that from eating fruit. Pineapple is gone so maybe I can do better with that the rest of the week.
  • Xited
    Xited Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I burned 352 calories doing circuit training yesterday and 1116 calories walking today. 1468 down, 2032 to go. Sugar has been the bain of my life, been over almost every day so hoping to change that this week for sure...
  • GIAngel222
    Options
    Monday I burned 582 calories walking at lunchtime, again after work, then the elliptical after dinner and played Wii Tennis last night. Today I burned 640 at the Y for an hour Zumba workout. That was my first time in a Zumba class. I probably wouldn't have gone if it hadn't been for this challenge. I had a great time so thanks for the push. I stayed under on my food except for sugars. Totally bombed that from eating fruit. Pineapple is gone so maybe I can do better with that the rest of the week.

If you went over on sugar because of fruit, that is okay, because natural sugars are okay.
  • GIAngel222
    Options

I am so glad that this challenge gave you an extra push! WOO HOO! Nice burn baby!
  • GIAngel222
    Options
    I burned 352 calories doing circuit training yesterday and 1116 calories walking today. 1468 down, 2032 to go. Sugar has been the bain of my life, been over almost every day so hoping to change that this week for sure...

Great burn!!!!
  • kmorris21
    kmorris21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sugar always seems to be my biggest challenge - and it is because I eat Greek yogurt....I don't eat any sweets or anything....the only way to offset the sugar is if I workout - which of course is motivation for that, but I don't know what foods have "natural sugars" in them...
  • GIAngel222
    Options
    Sugar always seems to be my biggest challenge - and it is because I eat Greek yogurt....I don't eat any sweets or anything....the only way to offset the sugar is if I workout - which of course is motivation for that, but I don't know what foods have "natural sugars" in them...

Fruits are natural sugars. I would think that what is in Greek yogurt is not a natural sugar.
  • kmorris21
    kmorris21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I looked it up and from Livestrong and Chobani, yogurt contains natural sugars. But I am sure added sugars come form flavorings.....so if you were to eat plain yogurt that is probably all natural....
  • star_slit
    Options
    Hmmm on second thought I don't think I'm hardcore enough for this group. Right now I only have my weekly goal set to 2150 calories burned, and I've been having a hard time hitting that. And I'm lucky if I can stay under on calories let alone macronutrients. LOL. (:

Best of luck to everyone tho, and great work so far!!!
  • katsparks1
    Options
    Its amazing the number of calories you can burn on yard work. I burned 868 calories today push mowing the lawn for half an hour and 70 minutes of yard work (clipping hedges, raking, picking up limbs, pulling weeds, etc.)
  • jllove871
    jllove871 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    So far this week I have not gone over anything, but I have 2207 calories left to burn in 3 days, I dont exercise on Weekends, I better step it up and pull at least pull a Saturday! Any suggestions for major calorie burn?
  • GIAngel222
    Options
    So far this week I have not gone over anything, but I have 2207 calories left to burn in 3 days, I dont exercise on Weekends, I better step it up and pull at least pull a Saturday! Any suggestions for major calorie burn?

Jump rope
    Burpees with pushups, leap frog with medicine ball and jump squats (do 10 reps of each, 3 times)
    Running
    Elliptical
  • re_freshME
    Options
    For this week's challenge, it has made me boost up my exercises and get on track. Within this past three days, I have been working my butt off and burned 3133 calories so far. I only need 367 more calories til 3500. I am not going to stop there. I do admit that the cycling class from yesterday did put a toll on my upper body(don't know why becasue it's suppose to work my lower body), but what ever it is, I feel so much better after waking up this morning versus yesterday evening.Good luck to everyone!
  • ShawnaP22
    Options
    I finally got a kick *kitten* workout in today. 923 calories burned between bootcamp and running. I haven't been able to run because of some nasty scabs on my feet that rub really bad, but today they were much better. Only 1550 more to go in 3 days for 3500. I did go over a bit on sodium one day, but so far so good!
  • Kal_n_130
    Kal_n_130 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Burned 1715 calories so far this week only 1785 left!!!!
  • katsparks1
    Options
    Burned 1031 calories today! Woot Woot! That's hard to do considering I'm chained to a desk most of the day. I did it by walking on my lunch break, then the Elliptical and Lap Swimming at the Y tonight. I had one problem today. I went over in sugar and it didn't take much to go there. I had 2 bites of a birthday cake we had for a coworker and I had a snack pack pudding with my lunch. Totally messed me up and even if I average over the week it will be a bit hard to offset. That was a serious wake up call on sugar. Just need to stay away from it. On the up note, I've burned 3127 calories since Monday. H to the Y!!
  • GIAngel222
    Options
    Burned 1,424, got 2,076 to go.

I am going to try my hardest to get this done. My uncle past away and I have a wake to go to tonight (after a 11 hour work day), then a funeral tomorrow (funeral home, church, cemetery). I know I can get a workout in Sunday for sure but I will do my best to get a workout in tonight and tomorrow.