Hi! I'm new here

Hello ladies,

I just recently started joining groups and doing challenges with MFP. I came across this one this morning and something just sucked me in. I got on the website, YouTube, here, researched like crazy, and I think I'm hooked.

I love working out and strength training so I don't assume it will be a problem. However, I am scared to death of upping my calories. I have decided to do a reset since I have put my metabolism through such confusion it has said to hell with me and up and left!

I feel like I am entering the final frontier, like if this doesn't work, I'm going on a feeding tube for the rest of my life. I just wanted to introduce myself and let you ladies know I will probably be the annoying new kid for awhile. Asking questions, trying to make friends, complaining like crazy, etc. Just please be patient with me!!!

Congratulations to all of you losing and Good Luck to any newcomers like me!

Replies

• mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Welcome! Take the plunge - you will never go back!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Hi and Welcome! So glad you found us here, and that you are willing to give it a go.

Hope you have read through all the stickies, to what to expect etc. Once you have started and your body adapts to higher calories, you will love it, and you will wonder how you ever could survive on something like 1200 kcal.

If you need anything, be sure to let us know. We are here to help
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Hello ladies,

I just recently started joining groups and doing challenges with MFP. I came across this one this morning and something just sucked me in. I got on the website, YouTube, here, researched like crazy, and I think I'm hooked.

I love working out and strength training so I don't assume it will be a problem. However, I am scared to death of upping my calories. I have decided to do a reset since I have put my metabolism through such confusion it has said to hell with me and up and left!

I feel like I am entering the final frontier, like if this doesn't work, I'm going on a feeding tube for the rest of my life. I just wanted to introduce myself and let you ladies know I will probably be the annoying new kid for awhile. Asking questions, trying to make friends, complaining like crazy, etc. Just please be patient with me!!!

Congratulations to all of you losing and Good Luck to any newcomers like me!

I should probably be asking more questions... but, haven't. I'm also scared at upping my calories... but, I'm trying. Good luck with your move to this group. :)
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Welcome to the group! Yes, it can be scary at first but you just gotta jump in with both feet and commit!!!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    So glad you are here. It is scary but so worth it. Hooray for resetting.

Lucia
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Yah glad your here, Welcome.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    This group is great! I learn so much!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Welcome to the group! You've come to a good place :)

I was scared about upping my cals too but I took the plunge back in June and haven't looked back. I now eat at least 2300 cals a day and am losing fat and gaining a bit of muscle. I'm pretty sure joining MFP and finding the EM2WL group was the best thing I've ever done for my health. Good luck!
  • airica88
    airica88 Posts: 6 Member
    omigoodness thank you everyone! I have never felt so welcome before! I know this is going to work out great!
  • nothingwithoutHim
    nothingwithoutHim Posts: 140 Member
    I feel like I am entering the final frontier, like if this doesn't work, I'm going on a feeding tube for the rest of my life.

:bigsmile: ROFL, good luck, and congrats! After about week 4, the reset isn't so bad, and you can't imagine how you're going to eat SO LITTLE on the cut. :sad: Don't be afraid to ask a TON of questions - that's the only way to get a semblance of what the heck you're doing! :wink: